Monday, April 14, 2008

Tri Stalker Strikes Again

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! It has been absolutely gorgeous here in the Houston area so I am loving it. I want to thank you all for your kind words from my last post. You blogging buddies are a huge support system to me. I did get a biatch slap back to reality when I went to buy a swimsuit on Saturday, oh the horror! I bought one that managed to, lift, separate, tuck, tighten, and hide as much as possible without looking grandmaish. I also, hung out with my sister, Melissa on Saturday at the local tri store all morning. She was looking for a bike, and her boss & husband own Tri On The Run. She did find a bike to meet her short limbs, a Fuji 46cm frame, my bike looks giant next to her's..LOL! She was scared to test drive it by herself so they let me take out this sweet all carbon frame bike. It just had a speed look about it. I fell in love hard and fast, but I just put aero bars on my baby so she will continue to be my girl. Also, money is the main issue, but don't tell my baby girl that. I want her to think she is my one and only 4eva. The owner Johnny gave us plenty of personal attention, and I was able to pick his tri mind for a few hours. I think I will have to save my pennies and get a proper fit on my baby girl.

My "baby girl"



On Sunday, my sister and I planned a 15 mile ride together to get her acquainted to being on a bike. Mel got a flat tire 1.5 miles out. I had a seat pack, but no clue on what to do, and her tubes are smaller than mine. I rode back to the car, and picked her up. Than we tried to do a short run together, but her asthma was giving her a really hard time. I guess it was time to call it a rest day.


In other tri stalking news, I had talked to one of the Mom's from Lil' Busters pre school not too long ago. She saw my imprint from my number on my leg, and asked which tri I did. I was in a hurry so I could not talk long. This morning when dropping off Lil Buster I saw her, and her bike racked on the back of her car. Oh yea, baby cue the Mission Impossible theme song. This afternoon, I waited around for her to pick up her son. Lil Buster, was like "Mom can we go home now?" No, not yet HAHAHA! Than I saw Kari (cool Mom I love to hang with) we talked, and I let her in on my plan. Sorry Kari, I was a little nervous about my stalk attack so I did not even ask you about your weekend or anything. Well, I saw the bike Mom coming out, and introduced myself. We talked a bit exchanged numbers and score we are gonna ride together when she gets her bike back from a tune up.


Today's Workout:
Run 4 miles @ a faster pace
I guess my version of speed work
Mile 1 (11:58)
Mile 2 (11:41)
Mile 3 (10:39)
Mile 4 (10:00) fastest mile ever

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Viv, you crack me up. You should be in sales, you would rock. :D So cool that you scored the digits.

Crap, you're a lot faster. Now who can't run with who? ;)

E said...

You're such a stalker - I love it! Nice job on your run!

Wes said...

Definitely get a proper fit for you bike. Did I mention that I love Trek? LOL!! Thanks a bunch for both the inspiration and the tips on stalking!! Never to late to hone the old skillset!

Marcy said...

Where is Lisa? You and her need to start taking notes on "stalking" on each other's blogs LMAO! You'd both be a great celeb stalkers HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

I've learned to never cross paths with a stalker. LMAO!

Glad that your mission was a success. ;) We'll get together soon and catch up when you aren't "in the zone"! haha

TX Runner Mom said...

LOL, you stalker you!!!

Timmy said...

Hey. I saw a free magazine at the gym that has info about triathlons or something like that. I think it is Competitor Magazine. I'll double-check later.

Anonymous said...

lmao about your stalking. i feel like that's what i'm doing by hitting all of these blogs of you experienced people.

thanks for swinging by mine. :-)

Jess said...

Nice job on mile 4 of your 4 miler!

Stalking works. Plain and simple.

J~Mom said...

Man oh man I want bars like that!!! I totally recommend the fit as well. I got my girl fit and have been pretty happy! Look at those times on your run!!!!! Nice!!!!!

Carly said...

LOL...you stalk triathletes like I stalk other photographers. hey, whatever works right???

Great job on the run!

CoachLiz said...

OMG VIV!

Is Johnny your brother in law??? I love Tri on the Run and that is where I bought my Kuota. Johnny and Scott take such good care of me.

I'm sure that I have met you. Johnny's wife introduced me to a sister last year at the shop.

Was it a six degrees of separation thingy going on???

triguyjt said...

hilarious post mz stalk-ness

lol

Melissa said...

Andrea taught me how to change the tire, all is good with the Fuji :) I also have a little seat pack now in case this ever happens again so I continue to cycle.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Hey, can I add a link to you from my page. Would you mind?