Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Like, I'm a Quiter

Thanks for all your expert advice. Some of you ladies have suffered the same so it was good to know it wasn't just me. I guess the higher mileage in the heat is causing this. I have been applying Neosporin, and trying to keep the area dry. Here is a Cramer tip for you all, invest in JNJ because I will be buying Vaseline by the industrial size since Body Glide quit on me. Jess, and a few others mentioned to keep the shoes dirty like a badge of honor. I am all about showing the battle scars, so dirty they will remain. I will also pike down, and invest in some cycling shorts.

Shane and I were in bed last night he was almost asleep when he said, "Can you turn down that Hills crap?" I said, "How did you know it was "The Hills?" To which, he responded, "they say like every other word, and so are you these days." Like, I have no idea what the hell he's like talking about...HAHAHA!


I went for an early swim today since I like had a hair appointment this morning. I left this morning like at 5:30 to the gym with my swimsuit on and swim cap, a la' Java! My hair guy cut tons of damaged hair off. Like, the pool really eff's up your hair even with a swim cap. He also got out all my grays, and highlights for my summer hair. So, it will be like all cute for vacation. We leave for vacation in 10 days. WHOHOO! I will tell you guys where we are going next week. Oh yea, my point about the swim. Anyways, I was supposed to do like 2000 yards, and I quit after 700 yards. It wasn't even a long swim it was broken down into a few 100's, quite a bit 200's, and some 50's. I don't know why I am such a quitter at swimming. When I run if I have to do 5 or whatever, I just keep going even if I have to crawl till the Garmin reads 5. I do the same on the bike. I will not even think if dismounting that saddle till the scheduled mileage is done. I know swimming is my worst, yet I insist on just stepping outta the pool, and saying screw it! How do I plan on being a better swimmer when I quit?! I have a running day tomorrow, but since I was a slacker today I will go back to the pool tomorrow evening and play catch up. Like, I will be no swimming quitter, but I will try to cut out the like in my vocab.




My Hair, The first pic is my angry model pose..HAHAH! Since are not some of the best photo shoots done in the kitchen?!

The second one is just me all cheesy smile.


Today's Workout:

Swim

3x100:20

7x200:25 quit after my 2nd 200 :-(

6x50:10

17 comments:

P.O.M. said...

Like I totally love your hair and like I totally know where you're going. But like i won't tell.
Like really.
But I know.

Marcy said...

OMG ROFLMAO! Viv!! Normally I go to your blog via Bloglines but today I said "Ehhhh she probably posted already, I'll go through her profile" So I go and see "SAHM & MILF Training" HAHAHAHAHHAAA you soooo crack me up! Dang I gotta add that to my occupation as well.

Like anyway, I can't even comment on the "like" thing because I do it ALL the time. I think I've always done it though?!?

And you're so not a quitter, heck I won't even GET INTO the pool. Hi, can you say "loser" over here? LOL

E said...

You're not a quitter. I don't even swim, so there! Love the hair!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I love the hair.
And 5#s...woot woot.
I gained 10 between Friday and Saturday. Maybe being drunk from 4 on Saturday until 5AM on Sunday wasn't a good idea.
:)

J~Mom said...

Your hair looks fantastico!! Love it girl!!! You made me smile that you wore your cap to the pool! And yes, even with swim cap on my hair is taking a beating...the things we do to be a milf!

Anonymous said...

Like OMG, your hair looks so like beautiful and all. I was like.."Omg, her hair is so cute...and she was like, well, yeah it was sooo totally fried!" haha

Your blogs crack me up, don't give up on the swimming, you know that you will have to enroll in that geriatric water aerobics class in 50 years. ;)

Keep up the good work!

Yasmin said...

Um, Viv, you might have to change your zipcode to one closer to mine.

I had a coworker tell me, you didn't even grow up here, why do you talk like a Valley Girl?

Totally crushed me, Like Totally.

Nancy said...

OMG, like totally cute. You are adorable. Sorry about the heat and the enell not protecting you. Neosporin plus actually has numbing agent in it if you are hurting. bummer. Can you hike them up higher in the enell? Sometimes I 'readjust' if you know what I mean? Anyway, I have had this before, but I don't remember knowing a cause or the remedy.
(um, maybe I have been drinking??)

Keep swimming -- some days are like that. It will come. I totally struggled with a little 3 miler on the treadmill. It happens. :D

CoachLiz said...

eww!

Was the chlorine in the pool water anoying the boob blisters? That would make me crawl out of the pool early.

My coach must be on to some secret that I don't know yet. I have had a run workout yesterday and today and I have another tomorrow and on Thursday. WTF! And of course I have to run at 2:30 or 3:00 before the kid gets off the school bus. HOT!!! I hear you there.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Boob blisters...do you wear a HRM? Do you need to tighten it. I get boob blisters when my gets too loose.

Viv said...

Hey Al yea I do waer a chest strap on occasion. It might have been looks from the bike ride. So I may need to tighten it. No chest strap for todays run for sure. LOL!

Anonymous said...

i love your blog, just thought i'd throw that in. you're pretty inspiring :-)

Margo said...

Pretty!!

I have kicked myself sooo many times for being in a "grown-up" meeting and saying "like" one too many times. That and I still hold on to "awesome" and the occasional "you know".

"Quitter" is one of the last words I would use for you! You're doing great!

Jess said...

Like, totaly cute pics! You, like, totally look radical!

triguyjt said...

man ohhh man...
i could not advise you on the chafing thing and now, me a man with so very few follicles actually working...can't advise you on hair technique.

i am so useless... damn

Melissa said...

You're not a quitter. We need to go swim again, I promise to pay more attention and not just stare at the black stripe on the bottom of the pool the whole time.

Timmy said...

They hair looks GREAT! Love your model pose.

I'm a bit late in jumping in on the shoe thing and the chafing thing and swimming but I'll offer a comment or two.

It's ok throw the shoes in the washer but don't do it often and don't but in the dryer.

I'm impressed that you get in the pool and swim only because I hate to swim laps and haven't done it in YEARS.

Can't offer any advice on the boob chafing. I have enough problems making sure I don't get bloody nipples (it's a guy thing).

For my thunder thighs Body Glide has always been my friend. I'm just afraid that some cop at Memorial Park is going to misinterpret my actions when I pull up my shorts to apply the Body Glide. LOL