Rodeo Run 10K Number 1563 Time 01:19:49.70 Pace 12:50
+ 2 miles at 12:59
I am on the left side of the screen with the grey cap,
pushing that Enell "no bounce"(yea right everything bounces on me) sports bra to the limit
Some lady in a green shirt cut in between Shane & I.
They must have looped all that cheering and clapping sound.
- This is the 10K I wanted to do when the 5K goal started becoming achievable.
- We didn't have time to eat breakfast so planned to stop for a bagel. We went to a backwoods doughnut shop that only had doughnuts. We chose chocolate iced with nuts, that should cover carbs, and protein.
- Huge event over 8000+ runners/walkers doing a 5K & 10K.
- I spotted Roger Clemens coming out of the port a potty while I waited to use it.
- There were thousands of spectators since they were also waiting for the parade to come through.
- This course was not flat like I thought most Houston events are. The 10K course went over a huge overpass over the freeway and than came back over the same route, which seemed like a mountain to me, but I kept running.
- I saw some lady running the 10K with jean overalls. The biatch was heading back towards the finish line by mile 5 while I was heading out at mile 2.5.
- It was warm in the 70's and sunny, and felt hotter every mile.
- This was the first event that I finished, and there was no food left. Not even a fourth of a banana.
- I saw my swimming coach.
- I rechecked my 1/2 marathon training schedule on Sunday, and I was only scheduled to do 7 miles. UGH! I don't know how I messed that up.
My shins are very sore today. I was scheduled for 3, but cut it short after 1 mile. It felt like someone was beating my shins with a bat. I just don't want to injure myself. I really think that hill is to blame in addition to the mileage increase. I have never ever done hill work. I hate missing a run, I feel that I will not be prepared for my 1/2 by missing runs. I have no natural talent in running, so I feel that I have to do all my scheduled runs.
We had a great, weekend celebrating Shane's 31st birthday. We have been out to dinner with family every day since Thursday. Needless to say, the scale was not so friendly on Sunday morning. The Lil' Buster's birthday is this Saturday, and we are planing a pirate party. So, I will be super busy this week, playing Martha Stewart.
Thanks to P.O.M for this word cloud link. I, also seem to talk about Nancy often, nothing but praises of course! Ironically, my word cloud has pain in bold.

16 comments:
Congrats on finishing! I laughed when I read about the donut. BTW...did you check that port-o-potty for any syringes? I'm just asking...
If you need any inspiration for the party: http://str8upwithatwist.blogspot.com/2008/01/saturday-night-jan-19-2008-recap.html
OH...it's not an adult party. :-)
OMG, I'm dying over here. Pushing that Enell to the limit??? HA HA HA, that is SO ME!!! We wear the same damn bra. I'm cracking up!! Love the cloud. I didn't "get" it the first time I looked at POM's link (because I am such a dork). Finally figured it out. I love it!! Mine is processing now...
Fantastic job, sister. I'm contemplating a 10k at the end of the month, I would be thrilled with your finish time. Great work!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Great job on your 10k!!!! That is an awesome time!!!
Email me if you want to talk sports bras! I found one that can hold the girls down so tight you won't even know you have them. :>P WOOT! LOL
You're doing so freaking awesome!! Man you make me feel like a slug girl. But now I have the "Fear of Viv" and am getting my butt back in gear to be ready for the 1/2 relay in 1 1/2 weeks - dang that's quick all of a sudden! You're time is still going to make mine look pathetic, though! I'm so going to screw up the awesome times you've been logging.
As far as recovery goes, I think the 2 things that helped me recover from the Houston 1/2 was eating protein w/in 30 minutes of finishing (in the form of cups of ice cream from the HEB trailer - yum-o!) and also taking an ice bath. Yep, you read that right - a bath in ice cubes.
I had read a lot about ice baths and eventually started to understand the idea and did it & it worked. Something about pulling the lactic acid away from your bones to speed recovery.
Start with a luke-cold bath and once you get used to it start dumping in ice (I used 1 bag, could have done a 2nd). Sit in there for 15 minutes or so and then follow with light stretches.
Next time I'd take a (semi-warm) shower first since I still had to wash my hair after so had to take a cold shower to not mess up the ice bath effects.
Also, I had a beer and burger in the tub with me.
ROFLMAO at Timmy (for the RC comment) and YOU! HAHAHAHAHAAAA! Unfortunately, I will NEVER be capable of pushing a bra to any limits.
You did a.w.e.s.o.m.e!! I so need a 10k to do this year.
And you KNOW that I will have to do the "wonder what he looks like with her shirt off" technique. If that's not a pain distractor I don't know what is! Sweetness!
WTG Viv! You did awesome! LMAO at eating donuts for prerace carbo load. That is something I have done. Gimme a long john and a red bull and I am good to go!
Awesome job!! That 10K course is tough! I'm gonna have to email J-Mom about her sports bra recommendations. I use 2 b/c I didn't like the Enell.
I am with annbanana on the ice recommendation. I always use a bag of ice...
congrats on the run...awesome..
thanks for the blog visit. responded to you on it.
jt
I've been wondering about your race report!! So, I'm glad I got to read it. You did so wondeful!!! You should be so proud of yourself.
I did a 2 mile run yesterday and felt the same way you were talking of... pain in my shins, leg, and even foot, and I ended up cutting mine short too. It's smart!
Thanks for sharing the video too!!
Nice job on the race!
Nice Job on the run! I was wondering what the weather was like since I was out of town running the LA Marathon on Sunday. Wasn't it pretty windy too?
Hope to meet you running at the Park one day.
Great job on the 10k! I need to find one of those in my area. I think that is a distance I might like a bit. You are doing such a great job getting those runs in and will do awesome on the 1/2!
Nice job, Viv!
I don't push any kind of bra to any limit... :-(
You looked strong finishing that race!
Way to go Viv!!! I'll have to try the donut trick next time.
That's awesome, Viv. I never see celebs, and I'm in Southern Cali!
I've done walks were there was no food left when I finished. I think that sxax.
Great job on the race! ANd you over achiever you! I was supposed to do 8 on the day of my 10k but I decided if I beat my goal time...I would cut myself a break:) and I did just that :)
Post a Comment