
I hope everybody had a very nice Easter weekend! I still feel crappy like an allergy daze with my eyes almost swollen shut. I went to the Dr. this morning, and he gave me a cortisone injection with some cortisone nasal sprays. So, if anything I can roid rage my way through this triathlon on Saturday.
I went ahead, and went to the open water swim clinic on Saturday because I knew my fear would probably get the best of me next weekend if I didn’t pop my open water swim cherry first. My sister and her boyfriend Greg went with me. There were several people there and they all looked like professional triathletes to me. I swear I was the slowest fattest triathlete there.
That is when Greg and Mel gave me this pep talk to get on with it. Once, I got in the water the fear left as quickly as I peed in my wetsuit…Ahh! I did the swim, about 350 meters. It was part of next weekends course, but it will vary by not looping back but heading straight out and exiting on another side. I learned I do swim a straight line, and that there are a bunch of peeps that don’t. There were also people who swam like eels, just smooth swimming. I finally did see some of my caliber athletes which was comforting. I could tell this allergy junk has gotten the best of my physical self. I felt really winded towards the end, and also lost my form. I did a lot of head raising, and breathed more like every couple of strokes instead of every 3 to 6 strokes. I know I can’t workout today, still not feeling up to it. I hope for some short BRICK workouts tomorrow, and Wednesday. I now fear that my performance will not be where it was during training. At first, I wanted to set a goal of finishing under 1:45 at the tri now I will take a just a good ol’ finish. Although, I am hesitant of sharing my wetsuit whale pics :-O
Here are some pics of the open water swim with a short video.
That is my classic nerves face, clinching my jaw
There I am pep talking someone else into the swim. I got brave quick!
Telling myself, the sooner I finish the quicker I can go home.
I'm off swimming
17 comments:
Hope you are feeling better soon. Love the pics. You look great!
ROFL!!! Yea, getting in the water this weekend was a GREAT idea! I can't believe you folks are already swimming in the open water. Very.cool!! For the record, I breath every other stroke too, because that's what makes me happy. One day, I'll grow up and start bilateral breathing :-)
You do the course. You'll prove that you deserve to be out there just as much as everyone else does. I can't wait to see how you do!!
That's awesome that you got to practice in open water. Looks like fun!
it is so cool that you're doing this tri! I just don't have the guts to do it. you'll do fine on Saturday.
I'm so glad you were able to go this weekend - I sent you some positive vibes!
You're my hero!
Those are the wrong kind of steroids for "roid rage" so no excuses. :D You are going to be awesome. If I can do this, you can totally do this. You've done the work, now enjoy the fun!! What is it Bingham says? The miracle is not in the finish or in your time, the miracle is in getting to the starting line. You've worked so hard and come so far. You already have the miracle -- now for the icing.
I'll be thinking about you!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOU!!! You did it girl!!!!!!! You are so ready now for your tri!! I thought you looked fantastic out there! Just rest and relax this week and next weekend you will do awesome!
ROFLMAO Viv! At least you didn't poop in your wetsuit, which is what I probably would have done :-X
You are so. freekin. awesome!!! Seriously chica, anyone who has the cajones to do a tri is my hero! That shiz is just way too scary for me LOL
LMAO at "I swim in a straight line and others do not". I will most likely be one of the others...
great job!
Nice job!
Sometimes the reality of something is way easier to handle than the anticipation of it.
You are going to do AWESOME this weekend!!!
I will be out there Saturday morning with the anoying cowbells at the bike exit/entrance.
Great job!! You'll do awesome!
Wow looks like a great weekend! Great job..and the video is super cool!
I'm so glad you posted this, cause I have that fear of the open water too. I'm worried about not being able to see where I'm going, and going off course, and drowning, of course. It's good to see you doing it and doing so well at it. It gives me a little hope I can get used to it after a few swims in the water. I still need to get a wetsuit though.
Hope you get better soon.
great pics....
isn't it a huge relief that you have gone in and have swum (swam) (swimmed) haha some in the open water???
great job.
lol on the pop my open water cherry"..never heard that reference to swimming before lol
the video was cool....best of luck
Way to go on the open water swim. The thought of that kinda freaks me out too, but it looks like you did great!!!
You can totally rock the tri this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTG Viv! You are going to do great this weekend. Kudos to you for overcoming your fear. I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment