Monday, March 17, 2008

Peak Nerves

It seems like forever since I have come to the blog or checked on my supportive peeps. I have been thinking of some of you. Like, I can’t wait to check out Mendy’s blog and see how she did at the triathlon. I have gotten beyond tired, and until this wonderful 10 hours of sleep last night I have been a total bitch. I am so tired with all this training this past week that it is seriously affecting my nerves. I will list a few things that have irritated me that usually don’t even faze me. Please don’t hate me because of it, just sharing how working out too much can affect me.

~The “cucumber lady” in spin class next to me who gave me the hairy eyeball when I was panting while she was sweat free, she did not once increase the resistance on her bike.

~The “noodle lady”, who insisted on paddling around width wise in the pool, while I was doing laps, so that I would have to run in to her at least twice.

~The “shoulder a-hole”, who assumes the shoulder, is a right turn lane in traffic. Hello, there are signs posted every ¼ mile stating, do not drive on shoulder, and bike route! He almost hits me, and made my heart fall into my stomach.

I am so ready for this week easing into a taper, and next is a full blown taper. Whoop!


Below, are some pictures of my last workout with swim Coach Michelle. I did it with the wetsuit and tri clothes to get used to swimming in that getup. I will tell you that wetsuit made me go a faster or it could have been the Starbucks double skinny latte I had right before. Speaking of skinny, you will not find that in these pics. You will find that for some reason I keep a goofy smile on my face while swimming. HAHAHA! I used the Pam spray liberally, thanks for the tip Coach Liz. It made a world of difference!



I also did a ½ marathon relay race this weekend. I will tell you guys about that later, don’t let the anticipation get to you. LOL! I apologize for not keeping up with you all these past few days. I am going to try to catch up on guys tonight or tomorrow.

Peak nerves workout summary:

Wednesday’s Workout:
Run 4 miles (12:08)

Thursday’s Workout:
AM/Swim 60 minutes
(1)200yd (1)800yd (6)200yd (8)100yd (6)50yd sprints/breath control (1)100yd
PM/Cycling road bike 90 minutes
20.5 miles (13.6 mph)

Friday’s Workout:
Swim 25 minutes
1 hour spin class

Saturday’s Workout:
Run 6.61 miles (12:33)

Today’s Workout:
BRICK
Cycling 37 minutes
Run 4 miles (13:39)

Recovery pace I think. My left leg calf muscle is tripping.


16 comments:

J~Mom said...

Ahhhhh you are going to do great!!! Look at all of that training! I get the SAME way when I don't get enough rest! I am glad you got 10 hours last night!

Mendy said...

Wow! Girl, you are kicking this training in high gear! I just kept reading all that you've done, and there was more and more - cylcing, swimming and running. You're doing awesome!!!!

I'm hitting that bonk, where I need a good nights rest - hope it's tonight.

Looking forward to that RR about the half! Bring it on soon.... :-)

Yasmin said...

I hate those noodle ladies.

I had 2 talking to each other, walking across the pool. I think they had a homing device on me and knew when I was coming near them.

Congrats on all your training.

Nancy said...

Hang in there, you are putting in some nice work outs!! Those noodle ladies are everywhere!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO Viv!! Even being "cranky" you still crack me the hell up! I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from with the sleep. I'm the same way. :-)

CoachLiz said...

Awww,

I could not see the pictures. Noodle Ladies are everywhere! It is like a curse. Does Cucumber Lady also ride with no resistance on the bike and rear end is bouncing around in the saddle like two kids jumping on a matress? ROTFLMAO!

Timmy said...

I can't get the pics to load. :-(

I would have reached over to Cucumber Lady's bike and turned up the resistance and then laughed in her face. LOL

Bill D said...

OMG - Liz! Small world. Liz is pretty darn awesome.

Margo said...

With all the training you've done and your race coming up, you deserve to be a crankimus. Of course, I say that freely since I don't live with you! ;-)

TX Runner Mom said...

You are doing so great with your training! You are totally going to rock that tri!! Glad you got some good rest...I am a cranky biotch when I'm tired too. :-p

Diario de Elysia said...

It's almost over girl, hang in there you are doing spectacular!

Lori said...

You have been kicking such major ass! You are going to do so well! I am loving those pics! They are sooooo awesome!!!!

AnnaBanana said...

You didn't seem bitchy on Saturday - but even if you were I probably wouldn't have noticed since I was asleep before I ran and wiped out & starving while you were ripping up the course!

Love the underwater pics!

I can't get over you do 3 hour workouts!!! That's freaking insanity! And AWESOME -- you ROCK!

Christine said...

Great job! Sounds like you will be more than ready to kick some sprint triathlon @$$! I hate the "noodle lady" too!

Jess said...

The taper is always nice, and you'll get the rest you need.

Cool swim pics!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

wow really cool swim pics.... great job Viv on ur trainings..