Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Peak A Boo

It is Tuesday of peak week training for the tri, and I'm knackered right now (thanks, Lisa & Mendy for that word). Instead of feeling that my endurance might be peaking it is my appetite that has peaked. Seriously, If I am not exercising, I am eating or sleeping. Oh, and being a Mom, and a Mrs. Suzy Homemaker (well sort of, I can empty the dishwasher in record times).
Monday's Workout:
3 mile run
Nothing like lighting showing up at mile 2 to put some fire in your ass. The splits were still crappy, and I blame it on 20lb drenched pants. Oh, I ran in my new Brooks shirt :-) Thanks again Meredith. I am sure I will post pics of me modeling it soon, since it is my new fav!


Tuesday's Workout:

70 minute cycle

50 minute swim

(1)200 yd (1)800 yd (6) 200 yd (6) 50 yd sprints (4) 25 yd breath control

Swim Coach Michelle said she was going to give me a peak workout, and she did not hold back. This is my last week working with her since to quote, Marcy the hubby is not made of money bags! Thursday, I will swim with my very flattering tri attire(yea, right) to get comfy with swimming in a prophylactic, LOL!

With the wetsuit over it
She also made a point of stirring up all kind of waves in the pool. I am getting so comfortable in the water. The water is just beginning to feel like second nature. I will have a chance to swim the open water course at a clinic the weekend before the tri. So, we shall see how second nature it is to me than.

So, while taking a picture of my tri clothes; I look at my nightstand not to see a nice tube of KY Intrigue and a adventurous toy, but this collection assembled including a nice economy size of muscle rub.
On, a totally different note Lil' Buster's 5th birthday pirate party adventure was a blast. The kid had been counting it down on his calender for a month, and he was not disappointed. He enjoyed every minute of it!










15 comments:

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO HAHAHAHHAAAA "to get comfy with swimming in a prophylactic, LOL!"

Ok so I'm confused though, the KY Jelly is for the trisuit?!?! Or The Stick? (Ok that was SOOOO wrong. I apologize :P)

Mendy said...

Your boy looks like he's having a blast!

Wow! swim for 50 min & cycle 70! That's a lot of cardio. Way to go! Nice tri suit!

Grace lost our magic wand (aka the stick), and we can't locate it. How is that dummies triathlon book?

Carly said...

LMAO at the "sexy" things on your night stand. There is nothing like getting the mood going with muscle rub.

I am glad the party was a hit. He looked so happy!!!!

J~Mom said...

Omiheck girl that was one workout!! You are so going to rock your tri! I am so excited for you! I loved your nightstand! LOL

Yasmin said...

All that's on my nightstand are books. Your life is so much more exciting than mine.

Jess said...

Thanks for all the pics!

Nancy said...

HA HA HA, we know you have a naughty drawer and all the good stuff was hidden. :D

That suit is really cool and love the shirt. You had some awesome workouts there!! I'm not worthy.

TX Runner Mom said...

Woohooo, the tri is almost here! Looks like a great 5th b-day party!

AnnaBanana said...

BE CAREFUL where the sports cream goes!! That's a mistake you don't make twice - and you'd have a big imprint of Shane permanatly on the ceiling!

Since we're on the topic of bedrooms (nice segway, huh?) I finally made a hotel reservation for San Antonio for the RNR (1/2) marathon in November. I'm staying at the Menger for $159 (usually $185). They only have 1 queen or 1double rooms left.

Timmy said...

LOL at the nightstand. The only thing I have on mine is a lamp and a plant (and not the kind for smoking).

The party looks like fun!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Damn looks like I missed a good Pirate Party -LOL

Looks like ur training is going well,,,,Good Job!

Diario de Elysia said...

What a cutie he is. Glad he had a great bday

CoachLiz said...

I had to think back to Monday and remember if it was raining, and yes it was all wet when I got out of the doc's office.

You are gonna rock Lone Star!!!

Arrgh! to your lil' Pirate.

Anonymous said...

ARRGGHHH! I love pirates. I doubt I could still pull off a pirate theme birthday party. He is one lucky kid!

Tammy said...

Loved the pics, Viv!

Your tri is sooo close- I'm looking forward to hearing about it.