Training is going well, except for a little shoulder pain in the left arm from swimming. Next week is peak week, than a lovely two week taper. I will not be one of those peeps that complains about losing it during taper. If I do just slap me silly, while reminding me how I have been looking forward to the taper since ummm...training started 12 weeks ago. On, Wednesday I tried doing the tri distances consecutively without tri ing to get a record time. I have read some people say to not do that, and others saying do it. I just had to see if I could handle the distances consecutively without dying to save myself some embarrassment in a few weeks. I learned a few things, I will bullet them to save you an me some time since this Pirate Birthday party for the Lil' Buster is tomorrow, and I am up to my ears in party planning mode.
PIM running group started back up this week, which was sweet to be back with the group. I am in Enduros group this time around, and basically I think the goal in that group is speed work. I will babble about that more later. I hate when I am MIA for a week than can't shut up!
&
&
Christine with the 5K!


14 comments:
Viv,
Try using Pam cooking spray to lube up for the wetsuit. Avoid the butter flavored spray unless you want to smell like movie theater popcorn, HA! Get it really good around the arm holes if you have that sleeveless suit and use the Pam or Body Glide liberally around the neck and in the back where your hair that is sticking out of your swim cap can rub you raw.
You're doing the Sprint at Lone Star? I will have a couple of people I coach doing the Sprint and I will be doing the Half IM the next day. We will have to see if we can meet up.
HI Viv - I just love reading you. I don't know what it is but I think I would love you in person too. I'm cracking up thinking about your bullets, because I don't even have bullets, yet I am going to do a tri. What am I thinking? I am probably just a nut for trying this, but I will give you all the details on how it goes down.
I also thought of you as I was reading Laura N's Enell Bra review. Since you know about them I think you will get a huge kick out of reading it. http://lauramarie36.blogspot.com/2008/03/1534-enell-bra-review.html
Take care!
Oohh girl look at you!! You are ready!!!!!! You are going to do awesome and rock that tri!!
Love the suit! I guess I may need to be buying one soon as my May tri will allow them.
You're gonna do terrific! It's great you already did a mock one. Wow! You're definately getting ready for it.
Did you say tan lines?!?! FFS, we are still in parkas up here. LOL
You have done a fantastic job training and you will do great on your tri.
Good luck with the birthday party!
Too funny!! You are going to do great!
My first-year college roommate was in a Sex in the City episode - the one where Samantha advises the women in Sharper Image about vibrators.
You'll do great Viv!!
Give the little man a great big huge for me for his Birthday!
*smooches*
Paige
Weird tan lines, fo sho!
well the good thing is that you know what areas need some Body Glide (I almost used another term that may not be appropriate).
the last time I tried a flip turn, I got water in my mouth and nose and I think I sank to the bottom of the pool. you're my hero!
ahhh body suits, pam spray & wierd tan lines...hmm I think I figured out why I don't do TRI's ---HAHA
Keep Focused Ur going to do awesome!!
LMAO! I was going to say the same as Nanc! I love reading you, you're too freekin funny girl! You will rock, no doubts about it! ;D ;D
And thanks for the shout out, even though I didn't deserve one :-X
You are such an inspiration to me -- you ROCK!!!
I'm even thinking about learning to ride a bike so I can join you in this insanity....
I would love you even more if you smelled like buttered popcorn ;) But that's just me!
:P
tan line? YOu have to wear 6 layers not to freeze your tookus off here.
But the suit is hawt!
And Coachliz maded me LOL at the movie theater popcorn comment.
Post a Comment