The recovering is going ehhh at best. I can not get my
RHR below 60. Which is fine for some people, but my usual is in the low 50's. Some people have asked, how am I getting my
RHR. I wear my
Polar F4 to bed and before I even move an inch in bed I look at the reading and write it down. I also look at my AVG HR during sleep which usually about the same as that 1st reading.

I hit a max HR of 100 in my sleep last night. I wonder what I was dreaming about?!

I have been on REST since Monday. Meaning no training, NONE. I took it a step further on Monday by lounging around with the legs up. Tuesday I did a few regular errands. I still took time to sit and chill by reading blogs, and contacting sponsors for the weight loss challenge, but more on that later. Wednesday, Coach K gave me clearance for an EASY 15-30 minute ride, and yes she said EASY in caps just like that. LOL! That is what I did. I kept an AVG HR of 128 with and AVG speed (if you can call that speed) of 14.6mph. It felt good and EASY. I must say(makes me think of Ed Grimley) I am loving my new pedal system, Speedplay. That floating factor makes such a difference compared to the SPD's. I have not been on a long ride with them, but can tell it will alleviate a lot of the pressure issues on the ball of my foot. If I make it to race day Sunday I will give them a true review.
So, here I am on Thursday.
Coach K said rest today. With the
RHR still elevated it would be in my best interest to rest. I will give you her quote,
"if you do train, you might not be even able to race on race day". I really want to race, so
rest assured no argument from me. I know this may not turn out to be my so called
"A" race, and I am OK with it. I just really would like to participate alongside,
(well not really alongside, more like same course and hopefully same day, HAHAHA!) with such amazing athletes like,
Greg Bennett,
Becky Lavelle, and
Andy Potts all that is missing is
Kim Hager :-)

If anything it will be a great weekend! Friday evening the
Strive Team is doing a pre race pasta dinner party since the majority of the group is going off to race
Longhorn 70.3 .Good luck
Team Strive, especially my
tri sis!!



Then my bestest friend,
Rita and her husband are joining
Shane, and I for the road trip out to Dallas for the
Toyota US Open Triathlon.
I am thinking positive, staying relaxed about the whole thing and above all else enjoying the ride of being a triathlete!! (well becoming a triathlete. You know I don't see myself as a true triathlete, yet...)
25 comments:
It sounds like you're following the plan well and should be good to go!
Love the pics by the way!
Ha, ha, ha! Sure you were sleeping when your MAX HR hit 100? LOL...
Oops... Sorry :-D
I know EXACTLY what you were dreaming about . . . PERV! LMAO :P I kid, I have those dreams as well . . .good times HAHA
You're already a tri athlete! :)
You have a great attitude! Glad you are taking it easy and not pushing yourself.
This is so interesting! I might try wearing my HRM to bed - I have no idea what my resting heart rate is.
And hahaha to Marcy! ;)
Good for you, actually listening when told to take it EASY!
I've seen my pets "running" in their sleep with their twitchy legs... Hmmm...
Hi Viv
Great pics. It sounds like your recovery is actually going great except for the RHR and that could be up for so many different reasons.
BTW, in regard to your Tri I think you are a huge winner with the plaque and all.
Enjoy that recovery.
Wowzers, that must have been some dream! I wonder why your RHR has been so off..? Keep up the good work with the rest though!
I was told by some goober UK tri dude (who is pretty fast and done Kona) that you cannot call yourself a triathlete until you have finished three triathlons.
You have done your three. You are a TRIATHLETE!
It must be kind of hard to rest - but good. That is crazy you're tracking your rate and all that and still low.
Stop it, you are a true triathlete!!!!! WHATEVER!!! GIRL!!
I am going to try to find my rhr and we can compare...I bet they are similar! LOL
KEEP RESTING!!!!!!!!
100 while dreaming? Wow, I want to get one just so I can see my heart rate during sleep.
you became a triathlete when you crossed the finish line the first time.
but I understand how you feel. i still feel like an "athlete poser" most of the time.
now, as for that "sleeping" HR. ahem...
Take it easy, Viv. After reading about your RHR, I wonder what mine has been lately... with stress and stuff at work.
Have a great weekend! :)
also - I use speedplay frogs...love them. :-)
Lance... oh Lance ... where art thou Lance... that's what you were dreaming about.
1. you are a triathlete. Even if you don't consider yourself one.
2. Resting is really freaking hard to do. I'm resting and it's making me cranky.
I might have to try out those speedplays. Lots of Divas have them.
In my book, if you DO a triathlon you ARE a triathlete. Who cares what the time of finish is?!
I think I need some rests days. I am completely exhausted.
Good luck and have fun this weekend. I am jealous that you are going. Wish I could come too!
I have never heard of wearing an HR to bed.
You are a triathlete, PERIOD. Case closed. Once you cross the line, you are forever called a triathlete.
It must be all the stresses that is causing your HR to be elevated.
If I were you to be on the safe side, I would see a doctor to discuss on way to bring the HR down a little bit. It could be blood pressure or anything. Like all of our RBF, everyone including you are very important to me. There are medication and other methods to help you with the HR issue. (i.e., mediation, relaxation methods) It can be easily treated.
What were you dreaming about ;)
Rest up! Sounds like you need it
I'm (un-originally, but sincerely) with all of those who vote for your triathlete-ness.
Hang in there. You'll solve the mystery of the elevated RHR...
That last sentence in your post is exactly how I feel too. I don't feel like a REAL triathlete, like I'm a fake like Lisa said - a poser. I'm as slow as they come, take it not so seriously - so that makes me feel less of an athlete. Anyhoo, great catching up with ya.
Good luck this weekend, ehhh,,, today!!! hope it all went well! Can't wait to read all about it.
Post a Comment