Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Running & Ramblings

We did our 3 mile Indian run yesterday with the group. That was really fun! The back of the line runner would sprint up, ask a question as they passed other runners, and what do you know..we were half way done before I even noticed. Many of us came in the Halloween spirit with costume. I was an angel, and I have to tell you those wings had magical powers because I had a pretty good pace going on at times. Coach Trish was a cute kitty, with jingling mice attached, Coach Jack came as Hef, and some other Coaches came as bunnies. It was cute, but by far Sara & Brenda took the cake as Dog The Bounty Hunter, and voluptuous wifey. Holy shit, every time she ran past me in the line I would just crack up!! We had a lot of honkers, hoots and hollers! To say the least it was an easy fun 3. I am really gonna miss this group when it ends next week. We will still meet informally for those who would like to come out. The Monday ladies will still be meeting so I will have to join them a few times.

Here are some pics from yesterday






& My not so Little Red Riding Hood costume with my mini me wolf!

I am relapsing with my cold again. I was feeling so much better yesterday, but this morning woke up with the throat pain and aches. I have a 5K on Saturday with the running group that I plan on breaking my 5K 39 minute curse. We will see now that I still feel like crap, and not to mention a 28 mile ride on Sunday. I will play that one by how I feel that morning.

TX Runner Girl, Jill & Anna, thank you so much for your support. I have officially set a goal for the Cleveland Half Marathon in May. I want to take a little extra time to train for it since I am a klutz, (knock on wood) and since my gimp leg is acting out again I will need the time. The Seabrook Marathon & Relay in March sounds like a fun relay. Totally gotta get a team together.


Shane, has been emailing me while in Africa, with a race goal for himself. He wants to aim for the Chevron Jingle Bell Run. I am so excited for him to find a hobby. His hobby always seems to be too much work, being a fabulous Dad, and a caring supportive Husband. So I am excited that he can do something for himself, he deserves it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viv,

Cute pics and I loved your costume; sorry I couldn't be there with you. Thanks for the kind words and take care of yourself.

Love Shane

Viv said...

Thanks Sweet!!

Tammy said...

I love the costumes!
Great pictures!

Maria said...

Love the costume Viv!

And WTFG on setting the Cleveland half as your goal...my town isn't anything special but I promise to make it a really fun time when you get here. Let's hope Skel will be joining us!

Delane said...

Love the costume..you look fantastic.

TX Runner Mom said...

Great costume! Congrats on setting a marathon goal...you can do it!