Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Back In The Saddle..Literally
I had my follow up for my stress fracture on the tibia and calf strain on Tuesday. I was cleared to begin cycling, and elliptical next week if the cycling feels good. He told me I can add resistance/hills slowly in this week as tolerated. Still, no running till Christmas. I went to spin class today, and my fitness level has taken a nose dive. I tried some of the climbs, and felt pain instantly in my calf so I released the tension. I am trying this thing now where I am listening and most importantly paying attention to the pain. I also do not know what happened while I have been gone from spinning class. We have a new instructor, who does not get on the bike, and that just blows my mind a bit. There is also a full class now, and they are a bunch of Chatty Cathys. They almost forget to pedal while they are talking, and the instructor is right there with them, and even turns down the music to continue to converse. I don't know what the flip that is all about! Nonetheless, I still got a good workout. That is the great thing about spin class is that you can push yourself as hard as you like. You want to burn more, pedal harder. You want to burn the quads, add more resistance. My mind kept playing tricks on me telling me to get off the bike and give up, and yes I am singing that song when I typed my mind is playing tricks on me. I burned 500 calories, and threw up a little after class. It is gonna take a while and a whole lot of determination to build back up, but I am determined. I want that 1/2 in May more than I have ever set my mind to accomplish anything before. I don't think that makes sense, but remember people elementary here. Rounded out the morning with a mani & pedi...Ahh, I feel like a woman again. On another note, Dancing With The Stars delivered the winner I wanted since the freestyle where all the dancers fell short to Helio's fun filled performance. Timmy, you are so right on the wind up on doll Marie. I thought for sure she would give us something. Total disappointment, not that she ever impressed me too much. I have 2 episodes of Project Runway to watch. How is the season thus far? Random thought of the day: Why does the lady at the nail shop get a little perturbed when she tells me to pick a color, and I respond by saying I brought my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Stinky on the no running but Spin class? That stuff scares me LOL
1. Project Runway tonight is full of drama and bad outfits.
2. Welcome to the Stress Fracture Alumni Association.
3. Chatting during spin class?!?! I do good to breathe!
4. Your random thoughts inspired me to post a random fear this evening. :-)
The chatty cathys (including the instructor) would annoy me! Sorry about the no running, but hooray for listening to your body!
The Chatty's are soooo irritating. I try to get them to realize they are annoying by sharp glances and eye rollings. Doesn't really work. umph!
Inspired by you and Maria, I took my first spin class on 11/23. My did it kick my boo-tay.
I'm impressed!
Thanks for the help on the pedals! Sorry you can't run yet but cycling is a great way to stay in shape in the mean time.
Take care of that injury! Take if from me; if you want to be running again, its best to follow doctors orders!
Post a Comment