Monday, September 8, 2008

Stephanie Johnson Triathlon Race Report

First of, I have been so busy guys. Like, I feel terrible that I have not been able to catch up with most of you. I have been thinking of you all. I know there were some first time triathlete blogging buds, tons of race reports to catch up on, and even my surf sistahs (surf city crew)…. I am about to just put on the Bluetooth and start calling people while on the bike and run and be like waaasssuppp??? My down time & computer time has been so limited and I apologize.


It was a great event! I knew lots of people that were racing, my sister, her boyfriend Greg, 3 strive team mates, and a bunch of ladies from one of the gyms I work at. If there would have been an award for most socializing, I would have won top overall female. No doubt! Of course the founding members of Team Viv, Shane and Lil’ Buster were there. A few tri team mates made the early wake up call to cheer on Team Strive. The support was everywhere; I only get this much support from my latest lime green Enell.

My sister Mel, her boyfriend Greg, and me heading to transition

Gym pals

Gym gang

Tri Sis & me in jail AKA the pool

Some of Team Strive

Shane said, this lady in brown was in every picture he tried to take.

Her facial expression is classic, LMAO!!

Lady in brown strikes again...

Lady in brown is about to break her neck trying to look at us.

It was very sad before they sound the horn. This tri-for-life, is an event to raise money to fight cancer by Stephanie Johnson and her family. Stephanie lost her battle to cancer last month. The prior year she was #1 and the first athlete in the pool. This year her husband, the race director retired the #1 and no longer will be in the event. There was a moment of silence then her sons followed in the pool as #2 and #3. There was not one dry eye on deck….

I was a big girl and decided to forgo the Garmin, that without I usually have no clue on how I am pacing on the bike and run. I just did the Timex Ironman watch since this was supposed to be a balls to the wall effort being a super short course.

I will just post my times and pics since there is not much to say except my numbers are starting to come around slowly since Ironbabe Super Sprint in May (race report) , pun intended! Still, it always sucks to see the people you pass on the bike pass you on the run :-(


I am already a nervous sack of shit for my first OLY distance triathlon,
TX Man this weekend in Denton.



Swim: 200 4:39.8 15/22


A rarity...Me passing a swimmer in my Princess Swimmer swim cap, hehehe!

T1: 1:13.5 1/22

Bike: 6 Miles 19:36.4 (18.4mph) 8/22

T2: 1:05.2 11/22

Run: 2 Miles 21:22.4 (10:41) 17/22

I must really love you guys to post a video of me running, and in my 'baby tri top tee' that shows and even adds flaws. HAHAHA!

Total Time: 47:57.5



Lil'Buster 1K Tot Trot



Lil' Buster loving his medal

Heading home for a shower and to recover

How did Viv recover.....

Seeing Enrique Iglesias &

Marc Anthony in concert

Dancing way too much

Drinking way too much & taking fabulous eye ball pics

Recovery method, not so smart with a big tri next weekend.

Workouts on Monday were totally bagged.

Lesson Learned.....

28 comments:

E said...

Yay! Congrats on a great race! Though you might not "see it" on race day, you have come a long way, and I'm very proud of you!

AND I'm so jealous you got to see ENRIQUE!!!!!

Runner Leana said...

Congratulations on your race! It sounds like you are in good shape for your Oly, I have confidence in you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you find the energy to "recover" - haha

Well done on the race and GOOD LUCK for the one to come this weekend. Pace, pace, pace - you will be grrrreat!!!!

CoachLiz said...

Congratulations on the race. Stephanie Johnson was a great lady and I am sure that this event to honor her will only continue to grow.

I am very jealous you got to see ENRIQUE!!! I lust after Enrique as you know from reading my blog. As for Skeletor, J Lo can keep him. She has a tri coming up soon, I hope that Skeletor rings a cow bell for her or he is pure dog meat!

J~Mom said...

You are so funny!!!!!!!!! I heart you girl!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR RACE but that recovery was just classic!!! LOL!!!!! Dang, I just recovered with Chinese food!

Jess said...

sounds like you totally rocked! good luck on your big race coming up!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

WTG!

Aron said...

congrats on another awesome race!!! great report!

P.O.M. said...

Party as a recovery method doesn't work? Damn it. My plan must be totally rethought now.

Also note - drinking 1.5 bottles of wine after long massage = painful muscles in morning.

N.D. said...

Looks like a great time - good job!!

Nat said...

Well done missy. I love the turkey trots for the kids. Love them...

Mendy said...

I was a fan of Enrique. Didn't know he was still doing shows. That video of Lil Buster "Go mama" is darling!!!

You did most excellent as always and am doing better and better as each race passes! GREAT JOB!!!

Aka Alice said...

LIKE DUUUUDE...I LOVE the race report AND hearing your son yell and cheer for you on the run was just ADORABLE!!!!

Race Recovery was sooooo earned though. You'll be fine by the weekend.

Unknown said...

Congrats on a great race! I know that you will do even better with the OLY this weekend. I got a mailer for it and thought of you! Good luck girl, I will be thinking bout you and sending happy thoughts your way!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Damn--you certainly live life to it's fullest! Nice work at the Tri! You are right on target!!! have fun!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Damn--you certainly live life to it's fullest! Nice work at the Tri! You are right on target!!! have fun!

Mistyfied said...

Way to go girl. great to see you at track last night. Thanks for running a few laps with me. Good luck this weekend! I can't wait to see the race report.

Marcy said...

CONGRATS MOMMACITA!! Very nice!! Very Nice! I love LB's vid. Dude, he's all like "F you guys, I'm outta here" as he blows by most of the kids HAHAHA

Did you see J Lo at the concert? Did she give you any tri tips? HAHAHAA

Wes said...

Awesome job, Viv! Always glad to throw my hat into the ring to fight cancer. It really doth suck!!!

Tammy said...

Fantastic job, Viv!!

Erin Leigh said...

I think your times are amazing!! Great job and thumbs up on your recovery, lol.

Tiggs said...

Omg, Enrique is such a hottie.

BTW, I am so not ready for kids, but Lil Buster calling out "Go mama" nearly made me cry!!! How freakin' adorable!

As for the Oly- you can do it!! I am excited for you and I wish it wasn't so far away so I could go cheer you on in person! Go Viv!!

chia said...

Fantastic job and good luck on that OLY girlfriend!!!!

Carly said...

Woooo Hooo Viv! You did great!

You are going to kick butt in the OLY Distance Tri.

Run For Life said...

Great job and race report! I love the heading home pic, sooo cute!

TX Runner Mom said...

Great race Viv!!! Good luck this weekend...lucky you not to be here for IKE!

The Young Family said...

I had so much to say and comment on until I saw Enrique... now I can only think about him... seriously I have issues with him, my hubby will tell you I am a fanatic...what is my problem... ugh. Great now I am not going to stop singing his song Hero...

Did you mention you did a race or something? ? ? Enrique.....

Congrats to you.

Em

CNNandJ said...

Man you put up a bitchin report. :D Loved all the pics. I am totally jealous that you got the lime green one. I've been thinking about it. I'm practically wearing them all the time now.

Great job, you are quite the tri girl. So proud of you!!