Swim: 500 yards 13:14.5 (2:53/100M 2:38/100Y)
I was in the last wave which was only 9 minutes after start time so primo. The wave included athenas, clydesdales, and men under 29. There is nothing like a wave with people that may be hungry or high level testosterone driven guys, maybe both. I positioned myself towards the back left side to be on the outside of the buoys knowing my swim pace. The water was like my Epsom salts baths, hot and salty as hell. I was little panicky and lost my form a few times...OK OK more then a few. I know I need to work on calmness, and staying true to form for TX Man OLY in a couple weeks. That is me right in the center and I actually have my head down... Whoa!
T1: 1:33.5
I actually didn't feel like I had been in a washing machine for 15 minutes.Thanks for the tip, Strive team mate Doug. I woggled my way over to the last rack and put the cycle shoes on minus socks. I am trying the whole sockless thing (not topless, Marcy cause I know you will go there momacita). They usually end up soaking wet anyhow and it's my contribution to myself to feel all triathletic. I am hard to miss below in the Strive green tri top that I am busting out of all Incredible Hulkish.
Bike: 15 miles 54:49.9 (16.4mph)
The bike was a windy out and back course meaning I hit the intercoastal bridge going out and coming back.
It was challenging, but I remember what my tri sis told me, use those gears. I did and I didn't get that chewed up spit out feeling I got in Austin. You guys know I sometimes might let one person work my nerves. I tried not to but this kid was killin' me smalls! He was just all over the place, staying on the left too long, passing people on the right at times in non called for situations. We will call him Dennis the Menace. So, Dennis and I keep playing cat and mouse on the bike. Every time I would try to pass him he would pedal his heart out and I would have to back down. Luckily, no refs were around. After the 4th time yes 4th time I went though this with Dennis this is what happened.
Me: Kid, your killing me!
Dennis: Yea, so what!
Me: So, what?! We are not in the same age group ya know.
Dennis: Eat my dust, lady!
Oh no he didn't.....I passed Dennis but a couple miles later he passed me. Argh, I will getcha Dennis and your little dog too (does Dennis even have a dog?) I did pass this guy that was in my Total Immersion swim clinic a while back. Tiggs, do you recall the guy who was getting on my nerves at the workshop cause he kept hogging the coach in my lane. Yep, unfortunately I can find people to work my nerves just about anywhere, you think it is me...nah!
T2: 1:03.3
I really need my tri sis to teach me that flying dismount thingy. She will probably say, learn how to change a tire first ;-)
Run: preliminary time 34:22.7 (11:27)
I took off sockless in my running shoes. The first mile is always brutal as the legs are getting into the run. I started slowing down in the first mile and this chica was passing me. She said, "Hey don't slow down on me now after you kicked my ass on the bike." Aww, that is one of the sweetest things I have heard on the run. It can either get worst after mile 1 or get better. It got better. I was feeling pretty good and I am pretty sure I had my cheesy run smile going.
Total Time: 1:45:03.9
Overall, my times are better compared to my last race and well any sprint distance I have completed. I have to admit it comes from smart coaching, thanks Coach K. My team mates who inspire and motivate me, especially tri sis who has just taken me under her wing. My friends, bloggity buds, Shane who sacrifices a lot of our time for my training and work. Lil' Buster who gives me cowbell then while I am gone makes his own fun. My sister who does these early wake up calls often to support and give me cowbell out there. Not to mention all the little people who I have stepped on and I am no lightweight... just kidding, but since I was going overboard!
So, my previous post, How Bad Do I want It ?
42 comments:
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That just rocks!!!
(You're killin' me smalls...one of my favorite movie lines of all time!)
Way to go Viv!!!! A very proud moment and the smile says it all!
Oh yeah you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO proud of you mommacita!!!!!!! YOU GO YOU ATHENA BADGIRL!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!
Ok, I am proud of you!!
Wooohooo! Well done! Dumb question what qualifies as an athena?
Did you find that kid and hit him after?
Between you and Lilly, I am almost tempted to give this a go!!!
WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!! ::::doing happy dance for you::::
Congrats!!! I'm so proud of you!
Awesome! Girl you are my hero! If nothing else I will have to go watch you at the HiFi cause now I know I can't hang!
dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! way to f*cking rock that shit girl!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!
wtg viv!!
Congrats on the hardware!
LOL so did you start a wall for all of your trophies yet? You effing rock - congrats on another victory!
You kick ass and are cute while you do it!! Great job.
Way to go!!! congrats on the hardware
YOU ROCK VIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!
Great job!!
Chica! You look SOOO HAWT, especially on the QR!!! Big congrats on the second place. You rocked it fo sho!!!
Viv, what a great tri. You have come SO far, you should be so proud of yourself. You're an inspriation to us fatties!!! :-)
SHUT UP!!! FO REAL?!?!? WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That is awesome Viv!! You totally killed it! ;D ;D Very nice, very ncie!
Ohhh and you're always one step ahead of me :P Damn you! HAHA
Well done, VIV. Great job. I saw the last pictures and couldn't stop smiling. You should have passed by Dennis and gave him the head nod to your hardware.
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. Well done!
Congrats on the great time and 2nd place!
YES, YES, YES!!!!!! It's so awesome to watch those times just keep getting faster and faster! Plus, you always seem to finish with a SMILE! Post that plaque in your spin room so that your students know what a bad-ass instructor they have!!!!!!
WAY TO GO! nice freakin' job, Viv! You rock!
Great job! Congrats on the hardware!
Look at you!!!!! Woo Hoo. I'm so very happy for you Viv. You've done so well with your training and it's showing. Very proud of you girl!!
You kick ass, Viv! WTG!!
Yay-who!
Great job Viv! I love your race recounts. They're hilarious.
OH MY GOD, you are all hot and VIVALICIOUS. Look at you!!! You're legs look so strong in that run picture and 11:48's at the end?? You ROCK, VIV. Nice job with all the training you have been doing (putting the rest of us to shame).
I'm so proud of you!!!!!
XOXO
way to go viv!!
You were kicking ass and taking names Viv! Looking great girl.
WHOOOTTT!! That just rocks Viv, you're the Godess alrighty right!!!
Excellent job girlfriend!!
BTW, will they ever find the body of "Dennis"? Just asking...LOL...
Awesome job Viv! Congratulations on getting 2nd in your division!!! That kid on the bike would have totally irked me too. How did you find it biking and running sockless?
Congrats on your 2nd Podium finish!
Passing without calling irks me. I got passed yesterday by a gang of mountain bikers. I was walking the dogs and no one told me they were coming.
Don't you know I would have chased them down to pay my vet bills if they had hurt the dogs...
YAY VIV! Way to rock it chica!!!
Great job, Viv! Awesome 2nd place win!!
And, it couldn't possibly be you. There are creeps that irk me at every turn, too. And, I KNOW it ain't me!
Congratulations Viv!!!
A podium finish and some hardware!!!
WOOOOOO awesome job on the race!!!
Wahoo!! I'm so proud of you. You wanted it, and you got it. That's what it's all about. You are so awesome!!!!
I hope you found Dennis the Menace and bonked him over the head with your sweet plaque. What a punk!
Go Viv! Must feel great to accomplish that. You so rock...my socks off. haha
Way to go! Next time, bring your sling shot to fire something at Dennis. I wonder if he has a race report somewhere referring to some woman as "Mrs. Wilson".
WAY TO ROCK THAT SECOND PLACE, GIRL....!!!!!!!!
another entertaining post from mz viv...
Enjoy that HARDWARE!!!!!
WTFG! Ahhhhh the smell of victory!
Post a Comment