There needs to be a rehab center where athletes who are suffering from over training/under rest can go check in to. I mean there is a rehab for everything in this country. They tried to make me go to rehab and I said, no, no, no. LOL! I just thought of that. I guess I am the plus size Amy Whinehouse of my Strive Team. Now, you know I use the term athlete and training lightly. For some reason it is still difficult for me to see myself as an athlete and even less so an athlete in training which is probably why I am at this point now. I didn't respect my training or my body seriously enough.So you may ask what is your dealio, Viv?? You are turning into Debbie Downer. OK here are some things that have been going on since last week.
1. Elevated at rest heart rate. My average RHR taken in June for one week in the morning before getting out of bed for a week was 56. This past week I had a 3 day RHR average of 68.
2. I feel thirsty all the time. My water intake has gone from 3 liters to 5 liters.
3. No food seems appetizing, yet my stomach is constantly growling demanding food.
4. My average HR during easy efforts sky rocket.
5. During running my HR elevates to defibrillator required mode.
5. I don't sleep well. I wake up every hour or so.
6. I mentioned in the last post all my times in all 3 disciplines are way off.
How did I not take my training or body serious???
1. I kept adding more SPIN classes even aqua classes on top of scheduled training.
2. I would sometimes skip my scheduled off day to teach a SPIN class.
3. I had too many races close together, which tri sis & Coach frowned upon.
4. I never sit and chill at home. I feel guilty to sit. I feel lazy so I am up finding something that needs to get done.
Now my downfall has come and right before my "A" and last race of the tri season. Coach has me on mandatory two days rest. Checking my RHR in the mornings and playing every day by what my body says. I pray that I can recover by race day. Truthfully, after just resting today I am starting to feel like me again. Still, not jumping the gun and serving my 2nd mandatory rest day tomorrow. Shane, is being awesome picking up the slack around here with dinner, dishes, and taking off work early to take Lil Buster to football practice.
What I am doing now??
I subbed out all my SPIN classes this week.
I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow.
I took a cat nap today.
Caught up with my DVR.
Stretching.
Had a great nights sleep last night.
(There might have been some Ambien involved but I have used it in the past and it works)
Recovery seduciton scene with Enigma playing in the background...
Random Thought of The Day:
I thought I was the "bad" one in my marriage.
Shane:(walks into my recovery seduciton scene) Whoa, what's going on?
Me: This is all about me.
Shane: Can I watch?
I laughed so hard I almost made more bubbles.
30 comments:
You rest, girl!
Laughing at Shane!
rest is definitely good!!!
Kick those weary legs up, you deserve it.
And shut up girlfriend ;-) -- you're way more athlete than you give yourself cred for!!!
What's with dudes and the "watching of the bubble bath." ME TIME... MIIIINNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Shane's too damn cute! Rest well darlin!
Just chill chica!
I am sure tri sis and your super awesome Coach K have told you this but go into this race with no expectations at all. Go and have fun. Encourage others out there on the course. Make this race your C race.
Shane is funny.
this might sound like john madden or yogi berra.. but sometimes we have to work hard at resting or we get nowhere....
that seduction scene and shanes comment was absolutely hilarious
You have been working like Superwoman. I understand feeling bad about doing nothing but sometimes that is what you have to do. Try to enjoy it!!
goo god you funny. the amy winehouse? comedy gold.
and Im with chia on the REST and the needing to give yourself more credit for the athlete you are.
M.
Yes Mommacita . . .rest, rest, rest!!
OMFG I'm dying of laughter over Shane! Damn men! HAHAHHAAAA
I think an athletes "retreat" place is a great idea.
I am glad you are slowing down and taking care of you. Hope you continue to feel better. Rest up.
Sounds like you definitely need to rest up. A couple of days off will do you good, and for an awesome athlete such as yourself, resting like that is HARD WORK :-)
Love the bathroom photo and the sexy talk from Shane. Men can always think of something sexy to say. I am glad you are on mandatory rest from coach. Hope you are feeling better after the days of rest and the massage.
BTW you ARE an ATHLETE!!
Your plan sounds divine. Soak it up while you have an excuse (trainer/coach says so). I would love to have a mandatory date with the DVR.
Love the seduction photo and the random though, ROFL.
HAHA! That is an awesome husband comment. :) And - the recovery scene looks so relaxing!
What a thought! At least you realize the overtraining and are getting rest and taking charge. Hope you get some good rest and get recharged! I hate it when I'm hungry and nothing seems appetizing.
LOL at the conversation :)
i hope you get the rest you need and start feeling back to normal soon!! rest is a good thing! the massage will definitely help today too - enjoy!
Rest is good! Keep up the good work! Im proud of you!
Is this why you are not doing PIM? I joined the hydration group this season. Let see how many weeks I last before retiring to a slower group :) This is week 4
I'm so with you, chica. I have elevated liver enzymes which they think are due to my muscles not having enough time to repair themselves but are checking me for fatty liver disease anyway.
You'll get through it and we'll have a great A race this Sunday.
Wow, sounds like you did need an intervention....Ha, you elite athletes are all teh same.
OMG, I MUST meet your hubby!! That almost made me snort outloud from 800 miles away!!!!! :)
And mmmmm.....massage! Awesome...you deserve it!!!
You hesitate to think of yourself as an athlete and yet you are suffering from some serious OVER TRAINING fatigue! Welcome to the club, girlfriend!!
Sounds like you've got the right plan going on. Take care of yourself Viv! At least now you can recognize the signs and not let it get so far in the future.
Haha, laughing so hard at your husband!!!!!
You definitely need some rest!
I hear ya - I also signed up for too many events this season and now I'm bummed that I'm not 100% for my last two and most important races of the year.
But then again, I wasn't training nearly as much as you were! Take care of yourself - sounds like you've got the right rest plan in place!
I think I really like Shane! Funny - now rest up :)
Rest is good. I had a hard time with "rest" days too, but now I use them as "stretch" days. That way I'm doing something good for my body, but I don't go crazy thinking I'm being lazy
You are not alone. It is obviously that your body have been in "overload" mode. You have been like a flying bat. Your brain is screaming for some R&R. Oh man, that reminds me that I need R&R, too. I need to make an appointment for massage.
Now listen up.. REST, REST, REST !!!!
Take care of yourself, hun!
Enjoy your rest! I could totally picture my hubby saying that same thing. LOL
Can I watch. HA HA HA HA HA loved it.
Have you been doing anything differently? Any supplements or herbs or extra caffeine? Different drink or tea? Can you think of anything?
You have been going at quite the pace. I hope you are doing better. Thanks for the note. I have so not been blogging or running. I will fill you in later.
hugs
Nanc
The weight loss challenge is perfect timing for me. I could use another one.
Shane is soooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA!!!
Hope it's going well girl!!! GIT ALL HEALED UP OR SUMFIN, K?
Well you know just throwing some gangsta talk at ya!
Post a Comment