
I never know how to start out my posts. Do I say hi, warm up to u all a bit or just jump in.
So, how u doin' (Joey style)?
I hit a spinning class today. I only got 45 minutes in with dropping off Lil' Buster at Preschool at 9, and class starting at 9 gets me there at 9:15. It was good though, "whoo hoo Rachel" did not waste time with the climbing and jumps. It felt great! I must be getting somewhat insane because I am now an avid fan of the jumps. I know I am going to disappoint people now, but this is a blog so I have to straight forward. I ran yesterday. The running clinic started, and my leg has been feeling really well. I do not have the tenderness I had been having. I know, I shouldn't have done it, but I did so let me elaborate. The group was cool. They paced us out. They called up the people who could run a mile. Now, recall that before I was injured I was only doing 6min Run/1min Walk. I figured with all this cross training, I was feeling confident and could hang a mile. I paced in at 11 min mile. Whoop there it is! My leg felt great afterward too. When I got home I iced it and took Naproxen to aide in the leg recovery. I called Mc Dreamy today. He said if it felt good then it should be fine. He still suggested I take it easy and run twice a week for now, and if I feel any discomfort back off STAT. It was nice to run with a group. The coaches are cool, and I can tell they will be motivational and full of advice. It is great because the coaches volunteer. They do it for get this, the love of the sport, so you know they are totally there for us. The first day was good all we had to do was pace out 1 mile, and nothing else to run. Next week we will be in business. The first few weeks should not be too rough since it is that beginning training schedule, I had been following anyho. I will just run on clinic days, which is Wednesdays, and find another day fairly spaced out. I am guessing Sunday, we will see since that will be the day after my long, outdoor bike ride (13 measly miles).
Strike measly...you're right Monica, huge accomplishment for
even trying tomorow!
OMG! I can not believe, me TV trash watching Viv, is actually booked full with a workout schedule. Holy shit! I am glad that I have DVR with Dancing With The Stars and Grey's Anatomy returning soon. Damn, times have changed. Sorry, if I am seriously rambling. It is so hard to concentrate with Peyton Manning on my screen, and than he is in most of the commercials, so I cant get in any concentration. I will be back tomorrow with the bike and pedal drama!
3 comments:
I'm glad you checked in with McDreamy afterwards. Congrats on the thumbs up!! No stopping you now!
measly? 13 miles? Viv you should be really proud of yourself. And congrats on being able to run during the clinics!
So glad you checked in with Doc McDreamy and he gave you a thumbs up on running.
Woo! 11 minute mile!? After the layoff from running... That's great!!
Have fun on your bike ride tomorrow!!
Post a Comment