Now there is a longer one on the same leg, but on the right side of the shin. I debated with the notion of calling the Dr. like if I ignored it this would all go away.
I have also dealt with this thought that keeps creeping in to my head. Will I ever be a runner? Maybe, I am not meant to run? Maybe, I need to lose more weight to not put so much stress on my legs? Maybe my form sucks royally? Than, I have my Cuban mom saying, give up running it is messing you up, just stick to cycling. What the hell? Does she not understand running is what I envision myself doing. It is in my heart, and in my dreams I picture this thinner me, running contently and happily. I called Dr. McDreamy, and I have an appointment Thursday. After spinning this morning I have been icing my leg on and off, and elevating it when I sit down for a bit, hmm..like to blow up my blog! Seriously, no bullshit it feels better this evening. Even the bruising as not as prominent as it was yesterday. I tried to get the best of the crap pictures I took, hopefully you can see what I am babbling about. TX Runner Girl, count me in on that Tour de Donut Ride.. It looks like so much fun!



8 comments:
This is just a temporary setback. I'll be crossing my fingers for your dr appointment.
Don't get hung up on the 5K- just concentrate on getting healed, and the rest will come...
Keep up the good work! I found you on my friend Maria's blog....I have also lost lots of weight walking and running...90 lbs so far!
Keep working at it. Take what Dr. McDreamy says to heart, but you'll be able to run and not be hurt.
viv, Smart thing to get an appt with McDreamy. Hope all goes well. Tour de donut ride made me chuckle...and hungry!
Aw Viv I know it's discouraging - but obey your dr.! Obviously there's more healing to do if those bruises came up so soon.
*whistling at your cute legs*
you have pretty feet
Hope your appointment goes well! Bring on the donuts!!!
Okay, so maybe only like 2 donuts. If we do 1 1/2 hours of riding at > 12 mph pace, we can earn 7 pts! But, that's only enough for one of those delicious donuts.
Post a Comment