On the running end of things, it is going well. Last week at running clinic Coach Andrea ran next to me and asked me how was my day. I could not answer!! I had no breath in me left to put one word together. She told me I was running too hard. They would like us to run at a conversational pace since we are not trying to break any world records just cross that finish line and cross it healthy. I learned my pace is more at a 12.30 min mile. I am now running where I should be, which in turn let's me and my leg enjoy it. I do not have the terrible pain in my leg after running. My leg is still a little bothersome the next day. I ice it as soon as I get home and Ibuprofen after a run, and the day after. I am still holding my runs back to 3 times a week, and follow the groups training schedule. I pride myself in actually not pushing myself, but gradually increasing my time as stated by the schedule. This week we will be moving in to the 10min run/1 min walk. This is where I was at before the stress reaction, so keep your fingers crossed.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE 5K Training Week 12
I put the clipless pedals back on the bike, and drum roll.... I can do it! I took right off this time with no problems. I practiced quite a bit on Tuesday and I am going to get back out there this evening and practice some more. I did have one tiny accident. I saw Andrew falling off his bike and I tried to jump off my bike with out clipping out. I think I will remember now after the flesh donation to my street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey Princess...I am proud of you. Each week you are setting new goals for yourself and working very hard to get where you want to be. I know how much joy this brings you and it makes me happy to see you succeed and be so motivated. I can't wait to watch you cross the finish line in your first of many runs. Keep up the hard work and determination and I promise to keep supporting you!
Love, Shane
WTG Viv..those cips are a real PITA, you think by now they would have invented somthing easier???
Wtg on the running too. I'm a 12-13 min miler too right now. It also gets easier when you get lighter. So keep at it!!
Congrats on figuring out those crazy clips!
You are doing so great on your running!
Is the first comment your hubby? The sweet comment brought a tear to my eye.
Ahh thanks. That's the hubby.
Hi my flower girl i wanted to let u know that im very proud of u! i love u! keep it up!
all my love, Tia Rosy
Viv - WTFG! You are on your way!! Did I see a bike ride/race on your schedule??
Post a Comment