1-People are pretty chill. Most people I have come across have the "whatevs" attitude.
2-Cyclist are respected. Most of the major street have their own bike line and parking on shoulders are restricted for their safety.
3-Tons of surfers.
4-A lot of the "beautiful people".
5- There is a radio station dedicated to fitness/health talk.
6-As warm as it may be during the day it will be chilly at night.
7-Most drinks at the bar lack liquor. Stick to wine...
8-Everything is way more expensive.
9-The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf rocks my world.
10-Not uncommon to have a reality TV star serve your drinks.
--Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T--
42 comments:
Glad you are having a great time! I LOVE that pic of you.
I'm so envious right now seeing that beach in the background. have a good time!
fyi - i'm moving my blog and taking my old one private. you are welcome to continue reading, but i'm not sending out invitations. the redirect will exist on the old one once things are set up. will explain later
You must be in Southern California! I'm originally from California and have lived in northern and southern California and liked the latter much better. Enjoy your trip!!
You must be in Southern California! I'm originally from California and have lived in northern and southern California and liked the latter much better. Enjoy your trip!!
Awesome - what a great pic!
#4 - I remember that being very intimidating, as a simple girl. And Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf... they have this moroccan mint tea latte is utterly amazing. YUM!!
nice pic...oh a reality tv star...i'd probably know them, is that sad?
Great pic - check out that background!!! I love the idea of a radio station for health/fitness!! Coffee bean place sounds like fun! I like the little ending part, since it was sent from your phone. Hehe, very cute!
Sounds like a blast!! Im jealous your somewhere warm! Even though its warm at your house LOL
Wow, beautiful place! Looks like you have having a blast.
OMG...I recognize that hotel. I know EXACTLY where you are...You picked a great weekend to be here!
Glad you picked up on the wine - no liquor in mixed drinks thing...that's why I always drink wine/beer (unless I know the bartender)...or look for a real dive-bar...
Have fun!
I like that picture too! hAVE FUN :)
Looks like a great trip. Thats pretty cool that they have a health/fitness radio station. I keep hoping they would put one on satellite radio
Can you swing by the san fern valley y desee a mi abuela "feliz cumpleanos"?
She would invite oyu in, serve you a heaping bowl of albondigas and chisme!
Jealous you are there and not me!
Ah, to be in Surf City. Hope you are having a blast.
I definitely want to hear more about #10! :) Have fun in Cali!
Hey "Johnny G" Instructor....next your going to Miami...right?!?
Hope you are having a great time Viv. We are counting on at least on celebrity sighting.
With all those beautiful people I am sure you fit right in... :)
California also leads the nation in accidents involving cyclists. See, I have a bright side to everything :-)
I remember The Bride and I biking in Marin County 3 years ago...incredibly helpful people to bikers... they probably spotted us as a couple folks from out of state...haha
Ooohhh man, you KNOW I'd need to have a blindfold rolling up into Cali. Otherwise I'd probably be humping every other man's leg :P (JK Mr McG! I hope you're not reading or anything . . . :P)
HA! I love #10!!
I did a road trip through California this summer and loved the Coffee Bean! Have fun, great site!
You look sooo happy! Great picture!!!
Yeah, I lived in cali. Everyone is so disgustingly beautiful. :-)
funfunfun.
and excitement :)
at first I thought you were gonna give us all your phone number!
Hahaha I love that picture!!! Sounds like you're having fun!
Great pic, Viv! Gotta love that beach in the background.
And, reality TV stars, huh? Interesting...
Great pic!
Ha - that's why I only drink wine or have dirty martini's straight up!
Did you try my fav tea??? Japanese Green Cherry - iced!
Glad you had fun. You better come back.
yay for cali!!! come to northern ca next time :)
I don't think you got a balanced view of Cali. Where you were, cyclist are mostly respected. I've ridden down PCH and Santiago Canyon and thought I was going to die. But that could have been me being petrified at cars going 70 next to me.
I made many, many trips to HB when I was growing up. It was just close enough that we could drive over for 2-3 days. I heart that whole area!!
That pic is super cute chica! Glad you had a great Californicarific time!
Great pic!
California sounds EXACTLY like what I'd expect. Have fun. :o)
It sounds wonderful! Have fun :)
It looks like the weather was perfect. And you look gorgeous in that picture!! The sun and sand suits you.
Can't wait to hear more about it!
Cali Is nice! looking forward to fly there this year again. :)
Hey Viv.
I just read your blog alll the way through. It took me awhile as I have a life and can't spend all day on the net :) But I really enjoyed it!
I'm a new runner and want to connect with some other runners out there.
Keep up the great work.
Katie.
HA HA. Very astute. I'm so jealous...
Glad you had fun.
That is a great pic!! Would love to have a fitness station here.
Yup--agree with you on all accounts!
Post a Comment