Instead of my face being posted on a milk carton it should have been placed on every bit of junk food you could imagine. I have been on a eatathon on and off since Thanksgiving. I have been so far off the wagon, that I need a map to find it, to jump back on. The good news is I have been cleared by the Dr. for running again as of Thursday. He recommended that I not run on consecutive days since he says I have a tendency for stress related injuries. I guess cross training will continue to be my friend for life. I went for a run today, and did run/walk intervals of 7R/1W. I forgot how grueling running can really be at times. None, of the cycling I had been doing could prepare me for this, it was rough! When, I finished I felt relieved as if all this sense of dispiritedness I had been carrying exited through my feet remaining on the pavement I pounded. In the two miles, I had regained my confidence, my desires, my will to continue on my journey and not look back. The why I run came back to me, and that is what will carry me for many miles to my goal of the 1/2 in 5 months....
Stats courtesy of my
Garmin Forerunner 305 Christmas present, which will now be known as
LT. LT is a class act who works so hard physically to achieve his goals, and after his 60 Minutes interview I was inspired by his strength.
Mile 1 (12:47) Avg HR 164
Mile 2 (13:00) Avg HR 167
7 comments:
Sweet!!! LT, huh? Maybe I should switch to pro athletes when I name my gear. I've been sticking to D List celebs :-X LOL
It's been awhile. I thought you might still be in Paris. :-)
I have told my friends that if I am ever missing, don't put my face on the side of a milk carton. Put it on the back of an Absolut bottle. I'll get more exposure using that method.
I recently went through about 3 months of no running due to an injury and that first real run back was so uplifting. Hope your running continues well in 2008!
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com
We have no choice, Viv. We MUST do this. Failure (and fatness) is not an option for 2008.
I know what you mean, that first one back was grueling for me and had to do some walking. Blah, but good for us. We're back!!
Glad you are back!! I love the name you gave your Garmin!
It's amazing how that first run back can both be a release and a reminder of how far we have to go.
Congrats for getting back out there!
Post a Comment