It was a big accomplishment for me because 6 years ago when I joined this same running clinic, I quit 3 weeks in to it. I was thinner than too. I guess I did not have that driven desire I have this time around. I finally got to use the Polar HRM I got this week with birthday money from my parents. My birthday is not till Tuesday, wasn't there a band called that in the 80's?! I will take early gifts, no worries..LOL! Thanks Mami & Papi. I bought it on Monday, but Shane has been sick all week with the stomach flu. I have been playing nurse all week, and have not exercised at all since the 3 miler on Sunday with Mon Chi Chi!!
I also had a fall on my bike on Saturdays ride.
This is just some of the nasty bruises. They are on both legs and left hip with a huge knot too. I did not clip out on time getting to the light. The President of the cycling club was riding with us so we had to foot down at every stop :-0 I guess my nerves were shot by the time we made it to this busy intersection at FM 2978 & Woodlands Parkway. I had a hard time keeping up with the group this weekend, but I toughed it out. The nice thing about, Coach Joe, President of the club riding with us is that his biking knowledge is endless, and he enjoys sharing it. He informed me that my chain was on the outer loop so I have been pedaling in my highest 7 gears. Doh! More work for me. I switched it to the middle ring and what a difference. I pedal and go faster with a lot less effort. I did bounce a bit more on the lower gears causing such a soreness on my butt! I thought I was done with the sore ass, and TMI my sore pubic bones....OUCH! I didn't even know I had bones there. LOL! I can't wait to wear the HRM on my ride this Saturday. Point of the fall story is that I was sore to no end the last couple of days. Here are some scary stats for yous guys(Goodfellas style) from tonight's run. I included the warm up and cool down in the calculations.
Total Time: 38:06
2 Miles: 25:28
In Zone: 14:15
Avg HR: 162
Max HR: 185
Cals Burned: 442
I am really nervous for next week we will do 3 miles straight, bye bye walk breaks! This week we move up to 30 minutes running straight than we step to do the 3 miler next Wednesday. I figure rest Thursday & Friday for the 5K on Saturday. I know I am a 2 day rester kinda chic! I am gonna be such a sack of nerves next week. Must remember to get plenty o' rest so I don't get sick.
((knocking on wood))
3 comments:
WTG on the 2-miler, Viv, and I'm diggin' the gold medal!
Youch! Bummer on the fall!
I'm getting excited for your 5K, too. You are gonna be so great and you'll finally get your first 5K under your belt!
Great job on your 2-miler! Ouch on that fall...it will be awhile before I get brave enough to clip in. LOL!
Post a Comment