Thursday, October 11, 2007

1 DAY TILL LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE 5K

I ran 3 miles twice this week, and did 22.5 ride on Saturday, first ride in a misty rain. I can not believe I have accomplished the goal I have been aiming for since June. I have to tell you I almost shed a tear, but instead I had a big cheesy grin and gave Rita a huge sweaty hug! I have my first race Saturday, and I am looking forward to it. I guess that explains while I am still awake, I am a lil' excited. If I finish the race without a walk break I will be ecstatic, but if I have to walk, there is no shame in that. I might have to let the tears flow once I get that first 5K under my belt, as Tammy would say. I am gonna get sappy here, but I want to let you know how much support I have felt from all my WeWa pals and fellow bloggers, friends and family. All of you that check my blog regularly, those thumbs up keep me going. Just took a Valium about 30 minutes ago to chill out and now I am that drunk chic who says I love you like a thousand times. I will stop here and be back after the race....

3 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Good luck on your race tomorrow! I know you are gonna rock that 5K!!!

Margo said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck tomorrow!! I am a heavy runner and never thought I would be able to complete a half marthon - I've done 6 to date (7 if you count the 16 done in Chicago on Sunday!). Keep doing what you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Viv -
I am soooo proud of you! I actually squealed with delight and told my partner - OMFG, Viv completed a 22.5 mile bike ride and she did her 5K!
You Rock, Chica!