Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Romance Is What You Make It

Thank you so much for your wishes yesterday. That was us in the photo and was really the most romantic looking picture we have. Even that was staged by the photographer saying, "hold your veil like this, kiss him, kiss him again!" So to say Shane and I went to the beach last night and gazed into each others eyes all night would be a shit soup. First off it was freezing outside. Secondly, when I am hardcore WeWa I am an OPN(on program nazi). We started off the evening at Market Street Starbucks got 2 decaf non-fat lattes. By the way I slept last night I swear my barrista gave me extra caff. He probably threw in whole milk too just to eff with me. I know I would have if I was my barrista. Not even I can stand my smug looking face at times. I had packed us up some chicken salad sandwiches with some baggies of fruit and we hit a movie. I gave into romance a little bit by holding Shane's hand at the movie.
I am cautiously optimistic about my calf. I am beginning to see some real improvements as is my PT, Paula. We are looking at some easy runs next week. This week I have been Spinning along with bringing ST back into my life. Man, I thought I was sore yesterday. Today is BAD! I love it though, reminds me that the muscles are getting worked.
Viv's Movie Corner
I know you have been missing one of my famous(only famous in my mind) movie reviews. I hate that it took so long for this movie to be released in the Houston area. Two reasons I am jealous of New York is the early release of incredible films (while I am still waiting on "The Reader", and "Revolutionary Road") and of course Broadway. Not to mention New York would be close to momacita.
"Slumdog Millionaire"
3.75 stars out of 4 stars
I would label this film as extraordinary. You find yourself completely engaged in the life Jamal and his brother growing up in the slums of India and what they both learn to become from their struggles. You must see this film.

21 comments:

Marcy said...

Damn and I was looking forward to some anniversary porn on here LOL!

I'm glad you guys had a nice anniversary! :-)

TX Runner Mom said...

Glad you had a good anniversary! Good for you on sticking to WeWa too. I am going to see Slumdog on Monday and I can't wait!

Lily on the Road said...

Romance and a movie review! Dang Viv, you are amazing!

hahaha, Marcy, trust her to look for the porn side of the anniversary! LOL...

Calyx Meredith said...

My mom just joined Weight Watchers and cracked up when I called her a WeWa'er. She said that will make it easier for her to stick to it! Glad you're seeing some progress on your leg!!

Pat said...

Life sounds good in Houston. Let's get you runnin'.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like a fun date!

Yay about progress in your leg.

Tammy said...

Awww, glad you had a nice anniversary.

Thanks for the movie review. I haven't been to a movie in a few weeks, Slumdog sounds like a good one.

Jess said...

"shit soup"! Ha! I'm SO using that one!

Thanks for the movie review. I definitely want to see that one. I just need to add it to my very lengthy list!

BTW, finally got around to watching "Wanted" -- when that curve bullet made its first appearance, I couldn't help but laugh and think of you. Your description and re-enactment of it was priceless.

Shannon said...

I heard SDM was awesome, the soundtrack has some great "spinnable" music on it.

Wes said...

I'm glad you guys had a good evening. Nothing wrong with keeping it simple :-)

Nat said...

OH I'm going to have to go see that one. I've heard so much good stuff. Glad you got a romantic evening... :)

Sarah said...

I need to see all the movies you mentioned - happy anniversary one more time :)

Ms. V. said...

OMG Make sure you see The Reader, even better...read the book first. Fantastic.

Gran Torino. great. (my favorite)

Slumdog though...a fabulous movie!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy belated Anniversary! That is an awesome wedding photo.

Hope the calf continues to improve. BTW, how did you know it was a tear? Did you get an MRI or something? My hammy still bothers me some and I'm thinking maybe I need to find out what's really wrong with it ...

Romantic Guru said...

Hi everyone!! Im new to this blog but it seems there are many interesting people over here.

I found the post to be very entertaining due to it being a real life situation.

Romance is indeed what you make of it and i am happy you found the love of your life. Keep it up with your post and know you just won yourself another subscriber. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Shit soup??? LMAO

audgepodge said...

Yes, I loved this movie, too! A lot more than I thought I would...

sRod said...

Everything I've heard about Slumdog is great, but everytime I go to see it it's sold out. It's getting so hyped up for me now that it'll be impossible for it to live up to expectations. Unless it cures cancer, in which case I was still be impressed.

J~Mom said...

HE HE HE!! You know when I am an OPN I get all excited to go to...oh crud what is that restaurant that has Wewa meals? Well anyway it's so exciting. I can't even think of it. You guys are as romantic as us! ;>)

Margo said...

I thought The Reader was at the Angelika. I definitely want to see it! Maybe we can switch our theatre night to a movie night that way we can get a few more movies for the price of a theatre ticket!

RooBabs said...

Love the OPN- good for you, girl!

Glad the calf is doing better and that the future looks bright.