Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blogger Guilty Conscious & Gems

I feel bad guys...Lately, I am just so busy with things that I have fallen behind on catching up with you guys. I am finally caught up this evening but it felt almost stressful and that is not what catching up with you guys should be to me. Anywhoo, so I am in a conundrum thinking that maybe I might need a blogging vacation.

Training has been going strong with pool running, cycling, swimming, teaching spin classes, aqua aerobics...huh? WTF? Seriously, Viv?
Yea, My boss at the gym has encouraged me to think about instructing aqua aerobics. So, I took a class and it went pretty well. Not much of a calorie burner but I think I was focused on learning the movements since I am already jotted down to sub a class on the 21st.

GEM 1: The Aqua instructor telling the class during a little active part of the class, "Check your neighbor, make sure they are breathing."

GEM 2: I counted 4 bottles of Matrix So Silver conditioner bottles on the pool deck.

Training this weekend has been welcomely interrupted by a 2 day swimming workshop, Total Immersion. I have been luckily filling in for Tiggs husband, who had a work circumstance that did not allow him to attend this costly workshop. Forever grateful and thankful to Tiggs for allowing me to fill his spot. I swear I owe her cupcakes for life. I am learning so much about swimming. Basically from step one, which is what I need a step by step guidance.

GEM 3: I don't know if I am a sick puppy, but the older coach at the swimming workshop wears these inappropriate Speedo Jammers. It just does not support his schlong. So, he is floating about, talking on deck and that thing just keeps staring at me. It makes it hard to hear the words coming out of his mouth. I hope he wears different Speedos for tomorrows workshop.

I got these two awesome TYR tri tops on clearance for $11 each at my local swim shop. They did not have shorts to match which really concerned me. Hello, you know me....matchy matchy! Well, not to worry I found the matching shorts (solid grey & navy blue) from the TYR 2007 collection on EBay and in my size. I won the aution this evening for both shorts, $17.98, SCORE!

37 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

I've taking a blogger v-cation in the past... it is a good thing if you feel you need one...Just don't go away to long, ok!!!!

....



...



...



OK are you back yet? lol

Anonymous said...

you lost me at schlong.

Marcy said...

Totally understand, chica! Sometimes ya just need a little breaky. But like Bob said, it's all good . . .but you better get yo butt on back her at some point in time ;-)

ROFLMAO! About the schlong. Yeah and I'd be thinking "I wonder if there is any possible way I could get a picture of this so I could post it on my blog :P" Is that wrong?

Jess said...

Sometimes a break is necessary and understandable, so if you need one, don't feel guilty.

But if you're gonna strat teaching water aerobics, you may as well start applying for your Social Security, and look for a condo in Boca! J/K. Maybe I just want you to come back to FL!

C said...

You do what you need to do, Viv. Take some time off, we won't be mad. Come back to us when you can. It's all good.

Can't stop laughing at the schlong comment. You kill me! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't feel guilty if you need a break. We'll be waiting for you when you get back!

Sweet deal with the TYR tops! Hope you have a great week. You are certainly busy, make sure you take some time for yourself.

Wes said...

ROFLMAO!!! Thanks Viv! Black shorts go with EVERYTHING :-) Yea, I'm fashion impaired as well....

Tiggs said...

glad you were able to go!! i certainly found it very helpful and a real confidence builder. but yeh, the schlong, I hear ya! Totally!

N.D. said...

I like the new outfits!! Don't worry about taking a blogger vacation!! Sounds like you are keeping busy!!

Kevin said...

LMAO-- "Check your neighbor, make sure they are breathing." Thats just classic

Lily on the Road said...

Viv, we know you're there lurking! LOL...

Now for the schlong....please take a picture for Marcy!!!

Sweet tops! Even better prices...cool!!!

See you when we "see you"...miss you already...

Timmy said...

OK. I had to look for a pic of Speedo Jammers. Hmmm. I have so many comments to make but (LOL) I'll just keep them to myself (LOL) about your view.

Erin Leigh said...

Yay on finding the matching shorts!!!

I am way behind on here myself. Don't stay away too long!

Aka Alice said...

ROFLMAO...Blah, blah, blah, shlong in face, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, that's all I'd hear too.

Absolutely take a break...then come back. We'd all miss ya!

Jess said...

Nice find with the tri outfits!!!

We'll miss you on your break...so don't stay away too long!

Ben G said...

The blogs are cumbersome sometimes. Good to see you back.

E said...

Please take a blogging vaca if you need to. We'll be here when you get back. :)

I'm so glad you got some matching shorts - crisis averted!

Nitmos said...

I hear that Total Immersion repeated everywhere. Seesm to be the beginning swimmer's handbook. Does it start with water wings as that's where I'd be Day One.

Al's CL Reviews said...

LOL at Speedo Man!

Nancy said...

I hear ya on the guilt of not keeping up. I'm the same way. I don't think that is the point of it, but not sure how you manage it either. I've been taking some sporadic breaks already. I think the hard part is keeping up with the daily posters when you are not one. Let me know if you get some magic formula figured out.

Rock on for the ebay score. :D

CoachLiz said...

OMG! $11 for tri tops is great! That ranks right up there with my $18 De Soto tri shorts I got off the WWW a few weeks ago.

If you are thinking about teaching aqua classes you will want to consider getting the training manual from AEA the Aquatics Exercise Association. Even if you don't take the training and sit for the certification exam, the extra knowledge about how aquatics training is different from land based training, how to teach from the pool deck, and how to deal with special populations (the Centrum Silver Crowd) is very helpful. Also, be careful with your voice. You will find yourself shouting over the noise of the hot tub, the ventilation system, the music if you play any, and the splashing of the water. There usually is no microphone to help you out.

Take a break if you need it. I did a few weeks back.

TX Runner Mom said...

I love the new tri tops!!! LOL at the TI instructor...he could've poked an eye out. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hehee....schlong. I love that word. Oh, and, ewwww. *still giggling*

Tammy said...

Schlong in face... classic!

I wonder if the maintenance manager heard a word I was saying on Sunday when he was busy reading my race shirt during our conversation. At least, I hope he was just reading the race shirt... hmmm...

I love your Gems Viv!
Don't feel guilty if you need a break. I'll miss ya around these parts, though.

J~Mom said...

You had me seriously panicky at the thought that you wouldn't have a matching outfit! WHEW!

P.O.M. said...

Oh my wobbling weenies. Sounds like a good excuse to miss swimming.

Carly said...

Take your break, but don't be gone too long. I will miss you!

LMAO at the schlong....*shudder*

Nice new workout duds.

triguyjt said...

maybe the old guy was factoring in shrinkage!!

just thinking...

RooBabs said...

Schlong- ha ha! I haven't heard that word for a long time. I dated a guy in college and all his guy friends called him "Schlong" (I don't even want to get into it). Funny thing is, he was a lifeguard and taught swim lessons in the summer. Hmmm, weird.

BTW, I am totally the same about the matchy-matchy. Target has singlets on clearance right now for $5, but not shorts to match. What do I do?

The Young Family said...

I have to laugh at the age of the aqua class. My friend and I were the youngest in the class when we took it at a gym a few years back. We effectionetly called them the "blue hairs!" Now my mom has joined the gym, and gives me the updates on the "blue hairs" . Pretty funny group we had. we had "yellers", "makeup wearers" "full earing wearers" and the "talkers" It was hilarious!

Yellers - they yelled at anything the instructor said to do, wooopeeee!

makeup wearers - seriously at 7:00am in a pool, full makeup!

full earings - not just the small studs, no 80's type ginormous earrings, to match the bathing suit!

talkers - you know the ones irritated that the instructor won't shut up!, only with blue hairs they are yelling too and talking cuz' they can't hear each other!

Have a fun time!!

Em

J Duarte said...

I feel like im also on blog vacation cause of project deadlines and my training. by the time i finish its 1am and ready to go to bed for the routine the next day :)

my half is nearing.. :)

How are you doing this week?

Karen said...

Viv - I have a stress fracture also - left foot, am into week 2 of recovery. I am freaking out about not being able to run, what is deep water running? Is it just running in the pool? (I know, duh, right?)

Runner Leana said...

Nice tops, and great score on the bottoms too! I laughed at your comment about the Speedo. Seriously men...support! We don't need the distraction!

Diario de Elysia said...

Yo vivi long time no chat.

Is it a big schlong? cuz I need details! LMFAO

Diario de Elysia said...

and nice price on those tops

Mendy said...

Girl, I know all too well how blogging can be a little stressful when you're not following people. I've had a hard time getting online these days with busy hectic schedules. Do what you need to do for you. We're all here.

I found that as I spent more time away, the more I missed you all and couldn't wait to sit down and catch up.

You're doing so awesome with all your workouts!!!

Marcy said...

VIV!! You know I want it! Ever since you used the "It's the cougar in me" excuse over at Jess' blog, that is my stance also :P Shiz as long as their 18 it's all good. Good God I sound like some pervy 50 y.o man stalking for HS girls LOL