
That is so me or you if you are rubber and I am glue and everything you say bounces of you and sticks on to me. That was an old one, and boy did I use that line till it blew up. I was in 6th grade and I had the biggest crush on this boy Luis (I still remember his last name, but just in case). So how did I handle my crush? Well, I acted like I hated him of course! I picked on him for his short stature(not that I was a 6ft. Elle Macpherson by any means). I laughed about his what I called "grown man" hair cut. I tried skateboarding since he liked skateboarding(broke my ankle right before Thanksgiving). I would call him LUUUIIIISSSS really drawn out and annoyingisk. There was also punching, pinching, flicking, kicking him in the shins when we played basketball at recess. I laughed at him in a mockingly way always. But wait it gets better...One day at recess I turned the whole class against him. I mean every single person came and hung with me under the pavilion while I led a grass roots meeting on hating him. He was so upset that the teacher noticed something was wrong. I was sent straight to the office without passing GO. Don't worry that was not my first rodeo in our strict Christian school office. I had been to so many office rodeos that I earned myself a day of in school suspension for unchristian and unscrupulous behavior. Where of course I just sat there all day and daydreamed about Luis. But wait I finally did profess my love to Luis towards the end of the year, well the last week of school to be exact on our year end fun field trip. How did I profess my undying love and affection for him?? I kissed his best friend John behind a tree! I never did let Luis or my friends know how much I was crunching on him. The following year ended up being my last year in Miami. He wrote in my yearbook, I will never forget you. How the hell could you not?!?
That exact behavior is how I handle some things in my life still. The latest being that I have officially become a traitor or like Shane calls me a fu%#ing traitor. I switched from being an 7 year Blackberry user to the coveted iPhone. If you know me you know that since the iPhone was released in 2008 I talked enough shit about it that you could fertilize Texas. I am having fun learning it. Just don't expect me to text or email you back accordingly. I am still learning how to use my fingers just right. I have had Crackberry thumbs for years. When I finally find texts I receive, I respond with can I call you? With my new technological advanced iPhone I am moving backwards. I wait to get to my "real" computer to respond to e-mails. Next I might reply to e-mails with a handwritten letter via the US Post Office.
I am professing my love for you iPhone. All you have to do is like me back. Let me figure you out so I can have my way with you already....
Random Thought of The Day: Is really just a tip that my blog will touch on everything these days since no official training is going on. Next post I promise will be the review & giveaway on on the Global Ride Virtual Cycling DVDs.
13 comments:
i love this post!
my boyfriend is the same way about apple and iphones! however, the more i tell him the iphone can do the less crap he says. i can imagine you getting an iphone would be like him getting one! :) i bet your husband is loving this 'tratior thing'.
i just got a blackberry in may. im a phone natzi. i love phones and do anything in my power to fenagle my way about getting a new one. i have sprint, so i cant get an iphone. i cant even hack into one with sprint b/c sprint dosent use sim cards anymore.
none the less, if i wanted one bad enough, i could peace out of my parents contract and get my own but that would mean forking out 100+ dollars a month.... maybe when i get a big girl job i can afford it. but right now my college poor ass would rather spend money on expensive purses,jeans, shoes and shit i dont need. LOL
but you better believe i am entering in every contest where i could win an iphone! that is all the more reason to have my own plan! a free phone?!? why not! LOL
Cute story. Funny about your grass roots meeting.
Enjoy your iphone!
Hope you are feeling good and enjoying things.
OMG. I hate the iPhone. I hate all the talking about aps, tethering, jailbreaking. Do some f-ing work and stop talking about it? That is all people at work talk about.
Off! You became one of them!
HAHAHHA Ohhh Mommacita I was the same way with my first crush. I mean really, how could he NOT know that I dug him after I kicked him in the cajones for no reason :P
Too funny! I also went to a christian school until 6th grade and believe it or not I did go to the office more than once. My DH used to talk smack about the iphone all the freaking time...now he's a convert. I suck at using it and will stick to my FREE blackberry from work for now thankyouverymuch. :-) (Besides, my hours got cut at work and I am waaaayyy to cheap to pay for 2 iphones!)
You are so crazy. Cute story.
Very funny! Enjoy the iPhone. They look dang cool!
Great story! I actually have plans to get myself an iphone this weekend. Finally joining the 21st century.
This explains a lot of abuse I received over the years :-)
O Viv, you had me rolling with your boy story!! LOL
I am a total Iphone girl. Actually, I just upgraded from my year and a half old "dinasaur" a couple of weeks ago. Turns out, it doesn't like coffee as much as I do...oooppps.
Call me
*making the cheese ball fake phone up to my ear*
No really, call me, I lost your number on my other phone when it crapped out LOL
I've heard the iphone is amaaaaazing. Hopefully you get it all worked out.
lol! Viv, you crack me up. I am a new crackberry user but kind of wish I was one of the cool kids with an iPhone.
Dear Author www.imnotfittorun.com !
Just that is necessary. A good theme, I will participate. Together we can come to a right answer.
Post a Comment