Monday, September 28, 2009

Global Ride DVD's Hawaii RidesReview/Giveaway

I was sent these Global Ride DVD's a long time ago, like March long ago. I had tried it out and just had not gotten the time to review, heck I barely blog much as it is. There are three DVD's in the set I received. These are to be used indoors either with your trainer set up or maybe a Spinner bike if you have one. I will focus on "StrenDurance in Hawaii".

I find indoor rides on the trainer to be quite mundane and it pushes me to the point of insanity. I do understand that it is sometimes a necessary evil due to schedules, weather, which will be a big factor as winter approaches, or the specific training goal one is trying to achieve on a particular ride that could be dangerous with traffic and such. Last ride I did indoors I opened up my back door and contemplated throwing bike with trainer attached and all in the ravine behind my house. For me it is really difficult since I already do plenty of indoor rides in Spin classes and it is a completely different energy.

The DVD consists of landscape with music and coaching. The landscape is almost like there is a camera attached to the cyclists bike that is actually riding the course. At times they switch the view to a car back view so the cyclist is in the picture. There is a coach guiding you trough cadence, heart rate and different cues as gearing up, down and other things to focus on to get the most from you ride. You kind of hear the lady huffing on the mic which is my huge pet peeve. She is also doing the ride on her trainer with you, but as an instructor I can tell you move the mic away from your mouth a little. However, she does a good job of describing at what level you should be riding at. Giving cues of adding gear, cadence goals, and heart rate or perceived exertion goals. There is also music on the DVD, which is the killer for me. It is like that bad keyboard music and it is not motivating at all. Not that you need music to motivate you but indoors you might need that extra umph! Still some people might enjoy this and find it helpful.

There are some features on the DVD to help customize it more to your liking. I like that you can turn the music on/off. Even turn on/off the coaching as well. For instance, you could play your own music yet still have the coaching or vice versa or turn off all audible all together if you prefer. The landscape is a nice feature if you find that just watching TV shows becomes more of a distraction and throws off your performance goals you set for yourself on a ride, i.e. a TT ride.

Overall, it is not at the caliber of a CompuTrainer kind of ride. I do not think that at all, then again the price is monumentaly less. The Hawaii box set I received sells for $75 on their website. I also did not turn that green color like when I go to Bree Wee's blog and see her ride pics. It might work for you if you want to change up your indoor routine or maybe add some variance to your ride if you just ride for time each ride. Like running, the discipline of cycling should not be ride as hard as you can for time everytime. It is important to have different training rides to build your endurance, and strength as a cyclist. I would recommend these videos for people who maybe have not read up on cycling training programs, not fortunate enough to have a coach, likes outdoor visuals while riding indoors, or the benefit of a great knowledgeable indoor cycling instructor. If you would like to learn more about the Global Ride cycling DVD's you can go to their website by clicking here.

Here is a 2 minute preview of the Hawaii Box Set


I know I myself will not make future use of the Global Ride DVD's so I will mail my Global Ride Hawaii box set valued at $75 to someone who would benefit from it. If you are interested post a comment saying, "I WANT IT!" and I will draw a winner next week and ship it out to ya ;-)

15 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Oooh! I WANT IT! I've just gotten into tri's this year, and am bummed that soon i won't be able to ride outside and will have to settle for the trainer... so this would help so much! Pick me! LOL

Paula said...

I want it Viv. I actually like riding my trainer, and love Hawaii. Doug and I would both use it.

TX Runner Mom said...

Put me on the I want it list. With the time change and the kiddos, I have a feeling I will be using the trainer much more than I'd like to.

Kevin said...

Climb the hills like a mountain goat on two wheels...

I want it. It might be good for the offseason when things are less structured

Badgergirl said...

I want it! Based on the weather we're having today, very few outside bike riding days remain.

Runner Leana said...

I want it! I could probably use visions of warm weather and beautiful scenery when I'm riding in my garage and it is snowing and -40C out. Thanks Viv!!

Jess said...

I don't have a bike of any sort, so I'm not interested, but it does sound kinda cool.

Unknown said...

I want it! Gotta have it!
Hope you are doing well.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I WANT IT. Anything to get me through a trainer ride. Hope all is well with you.

Tiggs said...

I WANT IT and if it sucks I will give it away to someone else who wants to try it!

Anonymous said...

Hello, as you can see this is my first post here.
In first steps it is really good if somebody supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

Pydayhoab

Anonymous said...

megan fox totally naked, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187756]is megan fox native american[/url] megan fox makeup
kim kardashian desktop, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187768]kim kardashian and reggie[/url] kim kardashian free videos
taylor swift panty pic, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187772]youtube taylor swift zombie[/url] taylor swift ticktes
is hannah montana pregnant, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187786]hannah montana . com[/url] hannahmontana dress up game
harry potter clipart, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187792]harry potter characters[/url] harry potter movies
tom cruise knight and day, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187798]tom cruse leonardo di caprio[/url] cruise lines to mexico
justin bieber bulge, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187812]justin bieber products[/url] pictures of justin bieber
britney spears underwear, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187814]britney spears performance bomt[/url] britney spears 1 2 3
megan fox intimacy, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/175542]meagn fox[/url] amanda seyfried megan fox full

Anonymous said...

if you guys indigence to own [url=http://www.generic4you.com]viagra[/url] online you can do it at www.generic4you.com, the most trusted viagra pharmacopoeia repayment in deliver generic drugs.
you can point to drugs like [url=http://www.generic4you.com/Sildenafil_Citrate_Viagra-p2.html]viagra[/url], [url=http://www.generic4you.com/Tadalafil-p1.html]cialis[/url], [url=http://www.generic4you.com/VardenafilLevitra-p3.html]levitra[/url] and more at www.rxpillsmd.net, the top-priority [url=http://www.rxpillsmd.net]viagra[/url] informant on the web. well another great [url=http://www.i-buy-viagra.com]viagra[/url] pharmacy you can find at www.i-buy-viagra.com

websites directory said...

Thank you very much